H&k p30

This is a discussion on H&k p30 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am an H&K fan. I went to the LGS to look at the XDs .45ACP. They had one but there were a dozen names ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: H&k p30

H&k p30

I am an H&K fan. I went to the LGS to look at the XDs .45ACP. They had one but there were a dozen names on the wait list so I browsed around. Now I have a P2000, P2000sk, and HK45c as carry guns so I was not looking for another but was always interested in the P30. So sitting in the case is a P30. I assumed it was a 9mm and my preference is .40. I also assumed DA/SA and I want light LEM. So when i examined it I found it was a .40 and light LEM. My bank account became $1000 lighter even as I asked myself,"Why do I need this?"

Well everything I heard was true. It felt perfect in my hand, was very accurate, and fit all my other H&K holsters. After about 400 rounds with manufactered ammo and my handloaded JHPs I felt confident and have moved it to EDC. Note to some: You should read the manual or you will spend a lot of time trying to get the slide stop out. It doesn't come out like all other H&Ks and most pistols.

I am VERY happy with this purchase.

I even got reasonably priced mags from H&K, $32.00. I also wanted the new extended mag for the HK45c. OUCH! $71.00!!!
    wmhawth and GaryB like this.

2. Remove Ads

I only own Glocks at the moment, but I have been very attracted to the HK line for quite some time. P30 V3 is first on the list for me.

I have an HK45c, a USPc9, and I just bought a p30l. I happen to run it SAO, but I agree with you 100 percent on the ergonomics. I found that the combination of being able to fine tune the grip to my hand (large palm swells and the medium back strap), the long sight radius, and the long slide made it very easy for me to shoot accurately. I am not yet carrying it ( waiting on my new holster to arrive), but based on the one IDPA match that I've shot it in, it may be my new favorite pistol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    So when i examined it I found it was a .40 and light LEM.
    So it was a V1 - lite LEM in the case? Just curious as V1 is uncommon at most LGS as most HKs that I've seen on the left coast have been the V2. The V3 is the DA/SA with decocker. It would be great to hear HK is importing the V1s as that would save on converting them from V2 to V1!

pistol-training.com » HK LEM vs. SIG DAK

Also you can add a .357 Sig barrel from EFK Fire Dragon: http://www.efkfiredragon.com/heckler-and-koch.html
    Last edited by onacoma; May 3rd, 2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add barrel option

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Congrats. Can't go wrong with H&K.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    "Why do I need this?"
    Because it needs you too. A match made in heaven. Happy shooting.

Nice! I'm a hardcore HK fanboy myself! Right now I have two UPS 9s and I've got an HK P30S on layaway (9mm).
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

They are importing the Light LEM on the P30. I had to send my HK45c to H&K to convert. A great job BTW. Don't even suggest I do it myself. i am at the top of my skill set putting my 1911 back together.

I've carried a 9mm P30 for a few years and love it. I'm a 1911 guy; and I've carried Glocks a bunch too; but the P30 is a very fine pistol. Extremely accurate, and mine hasn't had any issues with any ammo I've sent thought it. I converted mine from a LEM v3 to v1 myself, and I find the lite trigger to be perfect. My Glock fanboy friends like the trigger as well, so there's that. You won't be disappointed.

I always wanted to get my hands on a HK. I use a g19 as my current edc, but have always loved the lines of HK. I didnt know they could be converted from one v to another.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTone03 View Post
    I've carried a 9mm P30 for a few years and love it. I'm a 1911 guy; and I've carried Glocks a bunch too; but the P30 is a very fine pistol. Extremely accurate, and mine hasn't had any issues with any ammo I've sent thought it. I converted mine from a LEM v3 to v1 myself, and I find the lite trigger to be perfect. My Glock fanboy friends like the trigger as well, so there's that. You won't be disappointed.
    Your Glock fanboy friends must be different from my Glock fanboy fiends. We all hated the HK P30 trigger! Having the LEM at least makes your thousand dollar gun have a tolerable trigger.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've heard nothing but raves over the light LEM trigger. I'm a long-time Condition One guy but I might just give it a try. The HK experts generally say the finest of all the LEM triggers belongs to the USP- something about the version in that platform is supposed to be superior. Down the road I might convert one of my USP9's to Light LEM to see what the fuss is about.

The P30S I have on layaway has a manual safety, like a 1911/BHP. The coolest thing about it is that it has a separate decocker, something I haven't ever seen before. And of course, everyone I know that's ever held the P30 remarked that it "felt like it was designed to fit my hand".
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacomunchkin View Post
    I always wanted to get my hands on a HK. I use a g19 as my current edc, but have always loved the lines of HK. I didnt know they could be converted from one v to another.
    FWIW; Not all versions are convertible. Some are, some aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by tacomunchkin View Post
    I didnt know they could be converted from one v to another.
    That's one of the benefits of buying a gun from a company who doesn't claim that their products are "perfection". Sure, HK's marketing department may only be interested in pandering to a bunch of high-falootin' high speed low drag operators - but at least they're willing to consider the idea that a customer should have some sort of say in how the pistol that they're buying should operate...and that not all customers want the same thing.

Also - ripley is quite right. Some versions can be converted to other versions - but not all versions can be converted to what you want them to be. Also, doing a conversion yourself may invalidate your warranty. Your best bet is to buy what you want to shoot....if you can find it.

I also made the incredible mistake of picking up a P30 once. Now I consider myself fortunate to be able to pick up MY OWN P30S every day.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links