Anyone carry a CZ 75 Compact ?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a CZ 75 Compact ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I jus't acquired this little gun and really like it. Jus't wondering if anyone else uses for EDC and if so, how do you carry. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone carry a CZ 75 Compact ?

Anyone carry a CZ 75 Compact ?

I jus't acquired this little gun and really like it. Jus't wondering if anyone else uses for EDC and if so, how do you carry. Looking for suggestions.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You'll probably find a number of folks that carry the very similar P-01. CZ makes an excellent firearm regardless!

HBE is a very popular choice for holsters for CZ pistols, though not the only one. H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Thanks, jus't looked at their site. has some great look holsters. Would you think this gun would do better OWB or IWB???

VIP Member
    I think you could go either way. It's not exactly a light pistol so I'd make sure to use a good gun belt (along with a quality holster), but as far as IWB or OWB goes, I think that's more about your preference based on how you want/need to carry it.

I have the full sized 75 and it's a great shooting pistol. Very accurate and controllable. I'm sure you'll enjoy shooting it!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

CZ P-01 9mm, here, carried both IWB and OWB. My holsters all have a decent amount of forward cant (at least 20), which allows reasonable concealment at ~3:30-4 o'clock or so (on me). With any decent covering garment, it conceals well. I've also got one decent OWB/paddle holster, the Fist #18 Murnak paddle, which doesn't conceal well but is uber-comfortable.

The Compact D PCR is the same gun, basically, but without the "rail" underneath the forward end of the gun's frame. Both are exceptional pistols.

Depending on your body's specific shape and curves, you might well find that a fair degree of forward cant along with a very close-fitting IWB holster is going to conceal best. At over 7" OAL and fairly fat (width), it takes the right clothing and gear to conceal well, presuming your body shape accommodates a fat-butted gun like this.

Extremely reliable, very durable, accurate, easy to work on, gunsmiths love the CZ 75 line, great resale market, great aftermarket, great support by holster makers. Perfect, IMO, with the 14rd magazines that have the pinkie-finger extension "padded" style floor plates on them. The P-01 or PCR with a couple spare magazines of 14rds makes for a potent package. Highly recommended. If CZ could find a way to shrink the width down under ~1.1" or so, IMO it would be the single best pistol made. As it stands, it's in the running anyway.
    TX expat and Mjr_Fail like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I can't imagine using an IWB if I could wear an OWB. The CZ is a thickish gun. Even with an OWB I would look for a model that puts leather between you and any part of the hammer or frame. I would use the full size mag for a reload, again one with leather between you and metal. Or consider a CZ 83.

CZs are my favorite gun. A short slide on a full sized frame handles better than the compact. With the old EAA Witness, you can do that.

I carry a Duo-Tone CZ 75 Compact quite often; here she is in Marschal Thin Wood grips; a set of the Thin aluminums from the CZ Custom Shop; OWB in a UBG Bonneville, and IWB in a Tueller Holsters IWB #1. It is an awesome gun that feels like an extension of my hand and shoots like a dream. It is a fairly heavy lil thing, but with quality leather and a good GUN belt ( I find the Wilderness 5-stitch getting more time in the loops lately) it carries just fine. Now don't get me wrong, you don't tote a handful of wood and metal as easily as you do an Airweight J-Frame, but once most people get to heft a CZ or especially if they get to shoot one; they become aware of the awesomeness of the Czechnology that goes into this fine piece.

druryj, You have excellent taste.

VIP Member
    I carry a P-01 both ways. Have carried a 75 Compact IWB. If your going to carry OWB make sure you have a good gunbelt and holster to support the weight.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Newell52:

If you find the "rubberized" grips are a bit too slick, you might find a coarsely-cut hardwood grip might fit the bill. On my first P-01, I chose these: Omega Grips, in Gaboon ebony, cut to 18 LPI. Very grippy, not so much as to catch on the clothing or wear holes in the clothing, but sufficient to be practically non-slip no matter how greasy/wet the hands get. Omega nicely customizes these according to the cut (ie, checkering vs smooth vs mixed) and palm swell you'd prefer.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I carry a 75D PCR in a Galco Concealable Belt Holster made for the Sig 228/229. With a good belt it conceals very well underneath an untucked shirt at 3:30.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyQHoward View Post
    druryj, You have excellent taste.
    Why thank you my good man; may I inquire as to the name of your barber?

Does anyone have experience with the Stickey holster or the Remora for IWB carry for this gun???

Had the pcr compact. Carried in a Don Hume holster. I actually miss that gun wish I had it back. Czs are great guns imho.

I carry a P-01 in a TTGunleather IWB at 3:30 position. It conceals very nicely.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links