New EDC: Ruger LCR

This is a discussion on New EDC: Ruger LCR within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I concluded my search for an EDC snubbie when I grabbed a .38 LCR from my LGS. They just got them in and they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New EDC: Ruger LCR

Yesterday I concluded my search for an EDC snubbie when I grabbed a .38 LCR from my LGS. They just got them in and they were asking $100 under MSRP. I shot it at the local range last night and really enjoyed it. Very manageable for its size and weight. I carried it all day today and absolutely loved it. I have been carrying a full size 9mm since I got my CCW, so it was nice to shave 3/4 pound from my belt. It is a very comfortable carry gun.

In case you can't tell, I'm pretty happy with it!
    sioux565, Darrow75, gtv and 3 others like this.
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

Congrats on the new gun! I've been thinking about grabbing one too. What holster are you using/plan to use with the LCR?

I've been carrying my LCR .38 special for about a month now and I love it. Joy to carry and a joy to shoot.

Using a leather IWB holster from Talon Training. They make an LCR specific holster.

H&K speed loader in my pocket for a reload. I'd like to try speed strips, once I find some.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    CSL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Congrats on the new gun! I've been thinking about grabbing one too. What holster are you using/plan to use with the LCR?
    I'm just using a nylon BlackHawk! right now. I am thinking about getting a pocket holster (Sticky, maybe?) and a mini hybrid (Foxx or Theis) in the future.

Join the NRA

The LCR is a great gun and I think it is more comfortable to shoot than a J frame. Take a look at Remora Holsters # 8RCH fits the LCR. Enjoy your Ruger.

I too love my LCR. Welcome to the club!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Glad your liking your LCR. I'm using a IWB by talon training group that works out pretty well, also a #4 uncle mikes pocket holster on occasion. I have found that a speed strip is more comfortable in my pocket than a speed loader

Good choice! Congrats!

Great buy !!!! I got my lcr last week but finding a holster that fits with the lasermax centerfire is proving to be a challenge
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Good choice! I have been debating on getting either a LCR or S&W J-frame for the wife who recently got her CWP (of course I may have to borrow it).

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Great buy !!!! I got my lcr last week but finding a holster that fits with the lasermax centerfire is proving to be a challenge
    Little Foxx IWB, love mine so far. Much smaller than the standard hybrid gang that overwhelms this little gun.
    Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Good choice! I have been debating on getting either a LCR or S&W J-frame for the wife who recently got her CWP (of course I may have to borrow it).
    One of the reasons I went with the LCR was to get a wife-freindly gun since she does not like my big 9. The LCR is supposed to have lower recoil than the Smiths due to the polymer and specially designed Hogue grips. When I shot it recoil was still noticeable, but very manageable for such a small/light gun. I would have no problem putting 100 rounds through it at the range.

Join the NRA

I wish i had the money to buy one in every caliber offered. They do seem highly reliable (and wife friendly).

I sold my J-frame many years ago. I'm seriously considering an LCR to "replace" it.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I switched to an LCR as my EDC back in December. I shot it regularly and had about 300 rounds through it up to about three weeks ago - and then, with one round left in the third cylinder full of the day, the gun went 'click' instead of 'bang'. It locked up solid, and I had to take it completely apart to get that last live round out. As I took it apart, the transfer bar fell out - in two pieces. Next day I called Ruger, and I've got to say they are absolutely first class on customer support. Told the rep what had happened, what I had to do to get the live round out, and she sent me a UPS label within 20 minutes. Off it went, and exactly 10 days from the time I dropped it off at the UPS store I had it back. New transfer bar, and a new cylinder release spring. Do not know if the spring was related to the breakage, but I've had it back to the range twice and it seems to function just fine. I'm a bit nervous about the problem, but I'm not going to swap it out for a different EDC just yet. I really like the gun, and I'm hoping I don't have any further issues with it.
    CSL likes this.
    Slow scopes, fast cars.
    'Chance favors the prepared mind' - Louis Pasteur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links