New Plastic Gun ... hard to detect

This is a discussion on New Plastic Gun ... hard to detect within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The gun design is supposedly available on the web. The fox article gives a few pictures and a video to watch. The guy only shoots ...

Thread: New Plastic Gun ... hard to detect

New Plastic Gun ... hard to detect

The gun design is supposedly available on the web. The fox article gives a few pictures and a video to watch. The guy only shoots one round - holds together.

The other site has more information, a forum, discussion.

Will have to look at the legality of this. Given it is made of plastic - I would have to think size - reduced - would be the goal.

Shots fired from world's first 3D-printed gun | Fox News

or go to

defcad.org
    NRA Life Member

If you died today are you prepared for where you will end up tomorrow?

Thank you to all of those who have served this country - you have my respect!!!

2. Remove Ads

Questions...

I believe the gun is a single shot design, accounting for the one shot fired. I would guess that the critical factor in the design would be a plastic barrel that is sturdy enough to hold up under the heat and pressure of the cartridge being fired. The wall thickness of a plastic barrel would have to be significantly more than the thickness of a steel barrel to contain the roughly 20,000 psi of a handgun round. I also wonder how many rounds would be possible before cracks began to form in the barrel, leading to failure. I wonder if the barrel is rifled?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Links