GLOCK 23 ten round mags

GLOCK 23 ten round mags

This is a discussion on GLOCK 23 ten round mags within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If they ever do limit our magazine capacity Glock 23 owners are SOL. Looking to the future and desiring to be able to carry my ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Sap03
  • 2 Post By SgtRick
  • 5 Post By zonker1986

Thread: GLOCK 23 ten round mags

GLOCK 23 ten round mags

If they ever do limit our magazine capacity Glock 23 owners are SOL. Looking to the future and desiring to be able to carry my G23, I have gone to every major supplier in the U.S. and ordered two 10 Round G23 Mags. All now list the mags as out of stock and no backorders. Glock Shop shows my order as "processing" for two months which is their way of holding onto your business when they have no inventory to sell. I don't trust EBay (been burned twice!) Although Glock insists they are still manufacturing the item, absolutely none of the major suppliers has any and do not show they ever will in the near future.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    If they ever do limit our magazine capacity Glock 23 owners are SOL. Looking to the future and desiring to be able to carry my G23, I have gone to every major supplier in the U.S. and ordered two 10 Round G23 Mags. All now list the mags as out of stock and no backorders. Glock Shop shows my order as "processing" for two months which is their way of holding onto your business when they have no inventory to sell. I don't trust EBay (been burned twice!) Although Glock insists they are still manufacturing the item, absolutely none of the major suppliers has any and do not show they ever will in the near future.
    When it comes to that, I'll just modify the magazines I currently have, as will most people.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

They can kiss my ass if they think I am only keeping 10 rounds in my g23.
    ErnieNWillis and chazglenn3 like this.

My mags will stay loaded as God intended.
    ErnieNWillis and chazglenn3 like this.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

The .357 sig mags work with .40. You could try gunbroker. I myself have about 6 or 7 that I bought awhile back just in case.

....so why in the world are you ordering 10 round mags after the magazine capacity limit bill was shot down in Congress?

...having lived through the AWB of 1994, if and when we are limited to 10 round mag capacity, you will have no trouble finding 10 round mags.
    Until then, I would be buying all the 13 rounders I could afford.
    miller_man, .XX, Bmoliv66 and 2 others like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I live in The People's Republic of Connecticut. We can only buy 10 rounders now. The problem is you can't find any anywhere. I did manage to find 2 G19 ten round magazines on ebay but that was it and I paid a hefty price. Many of the gun shops here are selling guns without magazines at a discounted price because there are no ten rounders to be found. If anyone knows where I can find 10 round magazines for Glocks and S&W M&P's please let me know. I would appreciate any info.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I just seen today that there is a bill in Illinois where they are trying to ban anything over 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    I just seen today that there is a bill in Illinois where they are trying to ban anything over 10.
    well, there is a surprise. Who would have thought this type of thing from the Great Republik of Illinoiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

"Wild West" of Illinois will ban anything that doesn't smoke, drink, buy gas, or gambles. So in states limited by 10 rounds does this mean magazines with capacity to hold more than 10, or more than 10 rounds loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    When it comes to that, I'll just modify the magazines I currently have, as will most people.
    Have fun. Ill just do whatever I want.

I have no reason to follow laws that I see as pointless or unjust. I dont drink and drive, attack people, steal, or any other stuff like that not because its illegal, but because it is wrong. Having a certain number of bullets or carrying a gun of any type is not wrong or immoral whatsoever, so I will continue to do as I please.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Have fun. Ill just do whatever I want.

I have no reason to follow laws that I see as pointless or unjust. I dont drink and drive, attack people, steal, or any other stuff like that not because its illegal, but because it is wrong. Having a certain number of bullets or carrying a gun of any type is not wrong or immoral whatsoever, so I will continue to do as I please.
    Until you are pulled over, asked if you have a weapon on you, and are found to have more than the legal limit. Then you will thrown in jail and loose your rights all together. Right or wrong it could still become law. I do not like it at all. Its crap. However if it does come down the pike, you may want to re-think your plan....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Until you are pulled over, asked if you have a weapon on you, and are found to have more than the legal limit. Then you will thrown in jail and loose your rights all together. Right or wrong it could still become law. I do not like it at all. Its crap. However if it does come down the pike, you may want to re-think your plan....
    Im very careful with where I go and what I do. Ive never had a run in with the police, and dont plan on it. There are certain laws that I break that I dont care about because they are just ridiculous. I dont drink when I carry (obviously), and in the state of Florida, Im not allowed to carry in the bar section of a restaurant like Chilis or Applebees or something. Just because I sit on one side of an invisible barrier (lets say 12' from the bar, instead of at the next table over thats 15' from the bar) at a standard table eating burger and drinking my Diet Coke, Im breaking the law by technicality. Its illegal, but its absolutely ridiculous that a sober person cannot sit in the certain part of a restaurant while doing something that I am licensed to legally do (and its my right anyway).

If they said you were only allowed to carry a gun with 1 bullet in the magazine, and nothing chambered, and the same in your own home, would you follow that law? Of course not. What about 2 bullets? 3? 4? 7? 10? What if they said you were only aloud to own a single firearm? What if they made private ownership of firearms illegal alltogether?

Its really only about where you draw the line as to thinking the law is absolutely ridiculous and not worth abiding by. I think any infringement on my right to defend myself is absolutely ridiculous, and I wont stand for it.

Links