LC9 vs Nano

LC9 vs Nano

This is a discussion on LC9 vs Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm starting to think about a smaller carry gun (than my M&P40c) The two that interest me are the LC9 and the Nano. Thoughts?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: LC9 vs Nano

LC9 vs Nano

I'm starting to think about a smaller carry gun (than my M&P40c)
    The two that interest me are the LC9 and the Nano.

Thoughts?

The one that SHOULD interest you is the Shield in .40. Same platform, same basic design, less to "learn".

Of the two you listed, the LC9 beats the Nano IMO. I held one and hated it (the Nano) and didn't want a gun named after an iPod. And THAT said, I wouldn't buy either, get the Shield.
    Taurahe and tmoore912 like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I would also look into the Shield or the XDs. The 2 listed i would say LC9.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I can't comment on the LC9, but I love my Nano. It was one of the first 1000 built (by serial number). It has been flawless. It is very easy to carry and very accurate. Your best bet would be to try to shoot everything you might be interested in to see how each works for you.

Pass on both.
    smolck likes this.

Might want to also consider the Sig P290RS or P938. Both are 9mm and I've shot both and can't go wrong with either. I love my P290RS, it has functioned flawlessly since the day I bought it. A buddy of mine bought the P938 and it has also been a great gun.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2

My P938 is a great carry 9mm, it is accurate and reliable. Smaller than either of the LC9 or Nano.

I have an LC9, it is a completely reliable gun, but I have to say I really HATE the trigger. I'm going to replace it with a Walther PPS. With the LC9 f I don't shoot it every couple weeks I can't proverbially hit the side a a barn with it. Just for the record I can easily do an in and a have pattern with two mags at 15 yards with my M&P 9 c.

My vote is for the LC9 (I love mine). Although, I don't know much about the Nano.

The Shield is nice but still bigger than both. The P290 is about the same price and smaller than the shield.

I recently evaluated the LC9 vs Nano, and eventually bought the Nano. For concealed carry, I liked Nano's lack of external controls and a smoother trigger. I also didn't like the LC9 grip (too short front to back). Both are going to conceal well. I also didn't want the LCP magazine disconnect safety.

Of the two LC9

Kahr CM40.....5+1 of .40SW is the ultimate backup gun.

With the Kahr CW40
    Hodad likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

my daily carry is the nano I did have to send it to a service cener for the infamous extration issues, but since then not a hiccup! I love it I pocket carry 95% of the time witha blackhawk holster and no problems at all. I hqve about 925 rounds threw mine andnits vary comfertable with the talon grips I put on I could shoot that ting all day if there was ammo! my serial number is in the late 40k. so I guess my vote is on the nano!

I've owned both, got rid of the LC9 I didn't like the trigger or the recoil. The Nano I still have, it's been great, not a single hiccup. It does look kind of weird in the hand, but I found it to be soft recoiling and very accurate. Love it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links