PX4 Owners?

PX4 Owners?

This is a discussion on PX4 Owners? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm picking up either a PX4 for 90-Two for Christmas and looking at getting into IDPA stuff with it. I like both platforms a lot ...

Thread: PX4 Owners?

Question PX4 Owners?

I'm picking up either a PX4 for 90-Two for Christmas and looking at getting into IDPA stuff with it. I like both platforms a lot and the 90-Two seems like a great competition platform for a stock, budget firearm.

The PX4, though, might serve double duty as a carry gun (I am considering the 9mm 17 round version), but I am curious to know from current owners...how hard is it to conceal? I know it is a full size gun, but does anyone carry it and if so how's it work in that department?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't concealed one all day long and don't own one, but I tried one on the other day and rented it for a day at the range. I thought I was going to love the gun because I liked the way it felt in my hand. I liked the ergonomics of it, but I personally didn't shoot it that well. When I was trying it on for concealment, it was slightly big. I tried it with a few different holsters and the OWB riding high was probably the best position for me. It is too big for ankle, bellyband, IWB (IMHO). If you can pull off hiding a larger gun though, then this might be the gun for you. If not, you will want to step it down a bit, like a Glock 19 size. The PX4 has about 1 1-.5 inches longer grip than a G19 and that is the area that is always critical for concealing (at least for me anyways).

If it were up to me, I would get a Glock 19/26 or Walther P99c for CCW. However, it is always personal and you should go to the store and try it out for yourself.

The width of the PX4 was about as wide as any other polymer framed pistol of that class and was not an issue.

One thing I really liked was the safety on the gun. It is a total trigger disconnect, not just a hammer blocking mechanism (like Walther P22).

I say all this and just placed an order for a SA XD9 with 4" barrel, though, which is about the same size as the PX4. I have smaller guns though, if I need to conceal more (summertime).

Hope this helps.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Sponsored Links