Thoughts on my next gun

This is a discussion on Thoughts on my next gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With a huge pay raise at work I am investing in a couple of firearms. My current status is one glock 32 [357sig], one sig ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By matthew03

Thread: Thoughts on my next gun

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Thoughts on my next gun

With a huge pay raise at work I am investing in a couple of firearms. My current status is one glock 32 [357sig], one sig 1911 ultra and a m&p15/22 rifle. I have a body guard 38 on layaway and plan for it to follow me home next week when I get the first check with the raise on it.

What im thinking next is getting a m&p 45 to add to the mix. I like my glock but really have been impressed with the m&p line. Im not a fan of 40 and I have a stash of 45 now to hold me over.

Opinions on the m&p45 please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

If I ever have to give up my Glocks, M&P's will do nicely.
    I went with the 45C since it was almost the identical size of my Glock 19. My favorite non-1911 45.

OD* likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Looks like your gonna have 3 handguns when you get the body guard. Why not another long gun an ar or ak maybe. Bolt action rifle or a shotgun. But the m&ps are nice. I have the 9c m&p it took me a bit to get used to it but I really like it now

Congrats on your big raise, I do love money!

You can't go wrong with the 45c, but also look at the G30SFgen4. I'm going to get a 45 in the next few months, I'm almost certainly going to go with one of those models.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    You are short a center fire long gun. I would recommend an AR, AK, or you could go full on battle rifle in 7.62, but you need some range.
    cthruit likes this.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Sorry for the slow reply, I work unconventional hours. For my situation the only long gun that may be needed would be a shot gun, I live in a very urban area with neighbors 30 to 60 feet away and in a home defense situation a rifle round could end up where I do not want it. The 38 is going to be my bug or what a grab when running to the stop and rob for a gallon of milk while my 1911 and glock are my current primary carry weapons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

VIP Member
    Glad to hear things are turning around for you. I'd definitely look into a home defense shotgun. Loaded with 00 or 000 buckshot it is very effective.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

FNX-45 (I am not in the market for a 45, right now) But, If I was this would be at the TOP OF MY LIST!
    36681-DEFAULT-L.jpg

And it comes with 3-15 round magazines

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    You could still consider a 5.56. The round behaves differently than what you would expect in the setting you are in and there are some bullets designed exactly for your environment. Also the benefit of a 5.56 over a handgun round are quite exemplary and arguably better than a SG as well. An AR loaded with 75gr BTHP's is my HD gun.

A lever gun in .357 or .44 mag would be good for an urban environment.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Links