How many total rounds through your everyday carry & how many failures?

This is a discussion on How many total rounds through your everyday carry & how many failures? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just put my 500th round through my EDC, I've yet to see any sort of failure. It's a Sig p250 subcompact that replaced a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How many total rounds through your everyday carry & how many failures?

How many total rounds through your everyday carry & how many failures?

I just put my 500th round through my EDC, I've yet to see any sort of failure. It's a Sig p250 subcompact that replaced a Taurus pt709 which saw 300 rounds through it and more failures than I can count. Reliability is the most important aspect when choosing an EDC for me, so please share your experiences.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Somewhere over 8,000. One failure, ammo related. Sig P228.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Well over 1,000 round through my M&P 9c (Blazer) and zero failures (cycling, squibs, misfires, etc.)
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

glock 23---1000+---zero fails

shield 9--getting close to 1000---many failures pre factory repair. last 400 or so rounds since repair have been fail free.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't count rounds (not enought fingers and toes) but it's been a lot, and I can count the number of issues on one finger. With my Glock 30, one operator-induced FTF; my S&W 4566 and 6906, zero; CZ-82 nada; my Sig P226, only one box thru it, but flawlessly. The one G30 was a factory load but had nothing to do with the FTF. All others have been mostly reloads. The extensive problems some report make me wonder if their problems are more owner induced than gun issues.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Glock 17, Glock 19, M&P 9mm and 1006 S&W, all with lots of rounds through them, zero failures total.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    SCCy 9mm 200 rounds (thanks in large part to the ammo shortage ) No FTF, FTE. Perfect so far.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

The TRP has between 5000 and 10,000 rounds through it. The CW9, probably 1500. The Taurus lightweight snub, probably over 2000. The only failures in any of these were with my own handloads.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I started reloading about the time I got my cc gun. All but a couple of my malfunctions were ammo related. The other three or four were limp wristed by my daughter.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds dearly the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

2,192 through my M&P 45c with 1 round that didn't fire. Probably was the round and not the weapon.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I should mention that I regularly shoot a Ruger SR22 at the range. It's not my EDC (as the OP ask for) but I've fired various brands of regular .22 LR and never had a failure of any sort. However, I was shooting with some friends recently and the Walther PPK .22 and the Sig Mosquito .22 had fairly frequent failures to cycle (maybe 1 in 25?) on the same ammo. I'm 100% sold on the quality and reliability of the Ruger for a fun .22 LR pistol.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    My G30 has around 8K-10K rounds through it. I cannot recall any failures with it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Jframe 2500 no malfunctions. Sorry kidding. P938 is up to at least 2000 rounds, lost count, and maybe only 1-2 malfunctions caused by the gun. Maybe 5-10 stovepipes due to me. 1 reloaded brass stuck in the chamber had to bring it home. Slide not locking back due to light loads. One squib which was the ammo. The slide lock lever loosening while firing fixed by bending a spring back. Been also carrying XDs45 and lost count of the rounds but maybe 500-800 and some issues racking the slide when brand new but basically no errors. I just gave my Sig P250C to my son and that one shoots any ammo you feed it flawlessly. I feel totally confident with him carrying it. He'd been carrying a Taurus revolver for a year before that, off and on which hasn't ever burped in 10+ years.

My Taurus PT709 I stopped counting at 2,200, ZERO failures.

XD40sc, over 4,000 ZERO failures.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Smith 457 lots of rounds. I wont lie to ya. while training, 2500 rounds in 3 days, 2 failures, one stove pipe and one double feed...Dirty guns can have some issues....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links