Glock Striker Problems

Glock Striker Problems

This is a discussion on Glock Striker Problems within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The local sheriffs department has experienced a large number of striker erosion problems with their service weapons. This problem has been reported by private Glock ...

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar

Glock Striker Problems

The local sheriffs department has experienced a large number of striker erosion problems with their service weapons. This problem has been reported by private Glock owners but was blamed on the ammo being used according to Glock. This problem continued until Sheriff Bradshaw made Glock aware of his problem. Note: Several local departments switched from Glock to the S&W M&P 40 in recent years but gave no reason for the change.

Florida Sheriff's Office Reports Problems with Glock Service Pistols (VIDEO) - Guns.com
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I must admit I'm sort of an anti Glock guy just because I think many Glock owner's and horn tooters that simple jump on the band wagon and toot away.

That being said, I would love to know at what point these issues appear. 4-8k rounds or 60-70k rounds? I'm not LE so I have no clue how much they shoot.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

VIP Member
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    That being said, I would love to know at what point these issues appear. 4-8k rounds or 60-70k rounds? I'm not LE so I have no clue how much they shoot.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Good point, Im sure its in the 60-70k range if i had to guess. How many other police depts are using Glocks around the world and how many have reported this to be an issue?

Already running

Links