I Have Been Assimilated

I Have Been Assimilated

This is a discussion on I Have Been Assimilated within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Resistance is futile... What can I say...I like the Gen 4 a lot better than I ever liked the Gen 3. I might actually keep ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I Have Been Assimilated

I Have Been Assimilated

Resistance is futile...

What can I say...I like the Gen 4 a lot better than I ever liked the Gen 3. I might actually keep this one. If not, I can always sell it...LOL.

welcome to glockville....
    :)
    GlockHawk17 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I hear ya JT353! I went from no guns to three in a matter of two months. Sorta like potato chips...ya can't be satisfied with just one! I so hope I can be satisfied with the three I have now, cause this is sure getting expensive...lol You'll love it!
    halfcocked94 likes this.

Hey! That does kinda look like ol' Gaston Glock, doesn't it?

atctimmy likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Bonernor View Post
    I hear ya JT353! I went from no guns to three in a matter of two months. Sorta like potato chips...ya can't be satisfied with just one! I so hope I can be satisfied with the three I have now, cause this is sure getting expensive...lol You'll love it!
    Oh it isn't the amount of guns I have...the issue is, every time I have ever bought a Glock, I sold it. For some reason I have never been able to develop an attachment to them.

There is something about these Gen 4 guns though...and this G23 feels pretty good in my hand and I think that has a lot to do with it. Also, the ones I have had in the past were before I got my CHL, so they were nothing but range guns and they got boring...so away they went with no regret. Who knows...I seem to like this one enough to maybe even look into getting another some time soon. I have been eye balling the G36 for a little while now as i wouldn't mind having a single stack .45...but we'll see.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

Well, say good bye to tap/rack failure drills. You'll have to invent things to make your range time suspenseful and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Hey! That does kinda look like ol' Gaston Glock, doesn't it?

LOL...I see an assimilarity as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post

Well, say good bye to tap/rack failure drills. You'll have to invent things to make your range time suspenseful and exciting.
    Ha!...ain't THAT the truth!!!

The picture makes it look like it's made of gold....

I wound up with a pair of Gen 4s, a 19 and a 32.

Nice, congrats...my 26gen4 says hi...he's kind of filthy right now thanks to the 330 rounds I put through him today, I think he likes it...

Distinguished Member
    I tried to like Glocks. I bought 7 in the last 3 years; some even twice. Just do not like the light trigger (I am an old time revolver guy), lack of hammer and safety. Your brain may be your best safety but mine isn't at my age. :)
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by JT353 View Post
    Oh it isn't the amount of guns I have...the issue is, every time I have ever bought a Glock, I sold it. For some reason I have never been able to develop an attachment to them.

There is something about these Gen 4 guns though...and this G23 feels pretty good in my hand and I think that has a lot to do with it. Also, the ones I have had in the past were before I got my CHL, so they were nothing but range guns and they got boring...so away they went with no regret. Who knows...I seem to like this one enough to maybe even look into getting another some time soon. I have been eye balling the G36 for a little while now as i wouldn't mind having a single stack .45...but we'll see.
    You are not alone. A lot of ppl have that feeling towards Glocks. Until they get a concealed permit and then it is back to the tried and true friend that is the glockness ;)The only thing I do not like with the Gen4's is the aggressive stipling they have on the grips, but that is taken care of quite easily by a 15 dollar purchase of the Talon wrap around rubberized grip ;)

If you don't want those useless beaver tail backstraps, I know someone who will dispose of them for you... Just sayin'...

Welcome to the family, sir!
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JT353 View Post
    Resistance is futile...

What can I say...I like the Gen 4 a lot better than I ever liked the Gen 3. I might actually keep this one. If not, I can always sell it...LOL.
    Live long and prosper.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Just picked up me another Gen 4 G26 to go with my G4 19. Like the gen 4s much better than the Gen 3 or earlier. Congrats n the new G23. I'm sure it'll serve you well.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links