Beretta nano or ruger src9c??

This is a discussion on Beretta nano or ruger src9c?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey there I currently have a Beretta nano that I like but am haveing issues with. that being said I threw it up on armslist ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beretta nano or ruger src9c??

hey there I currently have a Beretta nano that I like but am haveing issues with. that being said I threw it up on armslist and a guy wants to trade for a LNIB ruger src9c. so whats your thoughts.

What kind of problem ? Did you send it to Beretta ? Just curious .

Do you want a single stack subcompact or double stack compact?

I love my Nano but you haven't said your needs.

I would prob do it. I have a ruger SR40C that I love. It carrys well, hides easily and mag capacity is a good compromise. If your not feeling the nano what can it hurt. On the other hand have you allowed beretta to attempt to fix the problem?
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

yeah ive already sent it to Beretta once and the polished the feed ramp and chamber, and replaced the extrator, took it to the range and it was still having issues, and im not shooting it all the great so im thinking a little bit bigger of a gun would help with that , cause its about the sive of a g26 and I shoot those just fine.
    and cheesewize it was/ is still having problems with FTEs AND FTFs. I mean I still really like the gun I just wish it was more reliable.

I cc the the Ruger SR9C Not taking anything away from the Beretta nano.
    The SR9C gives you options 10 or 17 rounds it is a smooth shooting platform The trigger is out standing for a CC weapon.
    The MAG safety is one of those things many old school don't like them some newer shooters do I have no issue with it.
    It can however be removed with ease . There is a reason Ruger sells so many handguns and it aint because they are cheap they make a fine weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmjoy View Post
    yeah ive already sent it to Beretta once and the polished the feed ramp and chamber, and replaced the extrator, took it to the range and it was still having issues, and im not shooting it all the great so im thinking a little bit bigger of a gun would help with that , cause its about the sive of a g26 and I shoot those just fine. and cheesewize it was/ is still having problems with FTEs AND FTFs. I mean I still really like the gun I just wish it was more reliable.
    By chance, are you shooting 115gr ammo in it? I believe you need the recommended 124gr or higher for reliability. If that doesn't cure the problem, then heck yeah I'd trade it.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Well I don't blame you that's for sure . I shoot better with a full size also. The Nano is a size thing . I guess I'm lucky with mine,absolutely no issues at all . I've tried every type of ammo just about for a 9mm and it just cycles thru all of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    By chance, are you shooting 115gr ammo in it? I believe you need the recommended 124gr or higher for reliability. If that doesn't cure the problem, then heck yeah I'd trade it.
    man I have fed it everything under the sun. the first 150 rounds 115g barely any problems . butnit just kept getting worse with everything I put down the barrel. I reload and i only reload 124g in 9mm and it was jamming every other round. I will say it had no problems with 147g. but IMO with the way things are I need a solid gun that can shoot what I have or can find! and as much as I hate to say it this gun is not that. I really like it and wish I got a good one ... but I didn't so it looks like its getting the boot.

What other handguns do you have? Have you shot a semi auto much? Hard to offer suggestions without knowing that.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

You won't regret getting a Ruger SR9c. I have over 1,500rds through my SR9c, mostly a wide variety of my reloads and no failures.
    It's a great piece.

Get that mag disconnect crap out of the gun though. The disconnect is removed very easily and quickly. I promise.
    ninjahippie likes this.

Get rid of the gun...do the trade. You already are dissatisfied with the Nano while agonize?
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

I currently own a trouble free Nano and previously owned an SR9-C. Love the Nano but the SR9-c is pretty darn amazing. Best trigger I have ever pulled. Only reason I don't have it anymore is because I wanted to go smaller. If the Nano is giving you problems, grab the Ruger. It's a great great gun.
    NewtownSam likes this.

Sr9c all the way...nano is ok but the trigger on the sr9c rocks. Solid gun at a good price

James - www.guardianconcealment.com

I have 1,100 rounds through my SR9c without a single issue. I've fed it everything from Speer G.D's to Wolf steel cased russian surplus. It eats, and reliably spits out, literally everything I've put through it. It fits my hand perfectly with the 10 round mag (w/ the pinky extension.) The trigger is crisp, with a beautiful reset for follow up shots (although I did replace the guide rod and 14 lb spring with a Galloway SS guide rod and 18lb spring. Makes a difference in felt recoil and muzzle flip.) On top of all that, the pistol disappears when holstered in my Theis IWB Hybrid.

I say go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :D

Respectfully,
    Sam
    Take the long way home...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links