Hickok 45 Reviews the XDs 9mm

This is a discussion on Hickok 45 Reviews the XDs 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks pretty nice. XDs 9mm - YouTube...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MJB_17
  • 2 Post By Rollo
  • 1 Post By Sap03

Thread: Hickok 45 Reviews the XDs 9mm

Hickok 45 Reviews the XDs 9mm

Looks pretty nice.

XDs 9mm - YouTube
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

I've been wanting the .45. Gotta wonder how much easier it would be to pick up that front site in a defensive-draw scenario.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Really nice.

The XDs is a solid gun, but for me it is much like the Shield in 9mm...what's the point?? The reason why I say this is multifold:

a) They aren't that small, for only a little more weight and size you can go double stack like an XDSC, G26, M&Pc etc. and virtually double capacity.
    b) If you are going to have such low capacity, why not make it as large a caliber as reasonably possible? The XDs 45 appeals to me, 9mm not so. Same goes for the Shield, I'd go .40, but really I wish there was a 357 Sig variant or at least a conversion barrel.

Is there going to be a .40 XDs?
    Rollo likes this.

hickok45 is the cats meow! im quoting someone else here but. " I could listen to hickok45 talk about cotton balls for four hours" hahaha so true that guys awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    The XDs is a solid gun, but for me it is much like the Shield in 9mm...what's the point?? The reason why I say this is multifold:

a) They aren't that small, for only a little more weight and size you can go double stack like an XDSC, G26, M&Pc etc. and virtually double capacity.
    b) If you are going to have such low capacity, why not make it as large a caliber as reasonably possible? The XDs 45 appeals to me, 9mm not so. Same goes for the Shield, I'd go .40, but really I wish there was a 357 Sig variant or at least a conversion barrel.

Is there going to be a .40 XDs?
    What if you need a pretty slim gun but also can't handle the recoil of a .40. I would think the 9mm XDs would be more appropriate for a new shooter, female, or older person who can't handle the recoil of a .40. I am just guessing here but I assume that is the target market.

Quote Originally Posted by bm303 View Post
    What if you need a pretty slim gun but also can't handle the recoil of a .40. I would think the 9mm XDs would be more appropriate for a new shooter, female, or older person who can't handle the recoil of a .40. I am just guessing here but I assume that is the target market.
    I honestly think thin/slim guns are WAY over rated. My 1.18 inch thick G26 conceals better than my sub 1 inch thick Kahr CW9 because the Glocks grip is shorter. If you can have thin AND short then go for it, but if your primary concern is concealment I really believe that grip length is a more important stat then overall width.
    DetChris and nralifer4570 like this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Everybody has to remember that different guns conceal better for different body types. My extended grip mag on the shield concealed better than my g26 with the flush mag. Different strokes for different folks !
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I honestly think thin/slim guns are WAY over rated. My 1.18 inch thick G26 conceals better than my sub 1 inch thick Kahr CW9 because the Glocks grip is shorter. If you can have thin AND short then go for it, but if your primary concern is concealment I really believe that grip length is a more important stat then overall width.
    My CM9 conceals miles better than my G27, so I would agree. With that being said, I love thing single stack guns. For me, they just shoot so perfectly.

I have a XDS45 perfect in everyday use, but it is a bit heavy for pocket carry.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I prefer the XDSin 45. I can see ppl liking the 9mm. But in 40SW I think it would have to much recoil in a small gun. My Xds45 has less felt recoil then my bigger Glock 27. Dunno jmo

Links