Shield Carry

This is a discussion on Shield Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Slide melt,action job , Sniper grey Cerakote, AmeriGlo BEC sight set up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shield Carry

Shield Carry

Slide melt,action job , Sniper grey Cerakote, AmeriGlo BEC sight set up

2. Remove Ads

Like it, I unfortunately I sent mine back yesterday the mag was falling out while I shot. They were aware of the prob said they would fix it. I guess thats why I carry revolvers just thought I would test the waters liked the way the shield felt.

I know the M&P line has a huge following, but I am not a fan of S&W pistols. I hear too many people mention quality concerns.

This doesn't seem to happen with other manufactures (like H&K or Glock) as often.

OP: I love the looks of your Shield though. It's compact and should carry easily. If the quality is there (as it should be) it will be a terrific addition.

Mine rides very comfortably in a Remora holster, at the 4 o'clock position.
    cwmueller26 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R040607 View Post
    I know the M&P line has a huge following, but I am not a fan of S&W pistols. I hear too many people mention quality concerns.

This doesn't seem to happen with other manufactures (like H&K or Glock) as often.

OP: I love the looks of your Shield though. It's compact and should carry easily. If the quality is there (as it should be) it will be a terrific addition.
    I was never a S&W semi auto guy but the M&P line is great.. I work on 15+ M&P's a week. I have seen very little issues.. Glock had major issues with Gen 4's

Planning on trying Shield soon but I don't stray too far from Gaston,except for my J frame and my XDS.

It feeds great love the feel if they resolve the problem and I get comfy with it might put it into rotation.

pm9
    The 40 cal Shields did have a potential issue dropping mags. It seems to be a very isolated problem. I have personally seen it on one 9mm. Sometimes it is operator error, but it appears to be a easy fix with a slightly stiffer mag release spring. So far, S&W requires the entire gun be sent in to them for the fix. My 9mm has been flawless right out of the box. Now equipped with Ameriglo sights, an Apex hard sear, and Talon grip cover.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Unfortunately I think we're going to see more QC problems than we normally do, even with trusted and competent companies. The demand this year has been astronomical, and when you run factories at extended hours, people will fatigue and get careless. Employees will feel the pressure of their foremans reminding them "we have 100,000 of these due to ship tomorrow!!" (or whatever the case may be) and fail to notice things.

Quote Originally Posted by R040607 View Post

Would suggest you re-think that one. I have 7 M&P's including the Shield, and they are some of the best pistols made today IMO. If I ever had to give up my Glocks, I would
    be just fine with my M&P's.

...I'm carrying an M&P 9C today....one of my absolutely favoritest guns.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Unfortunately I think we're going to see more QC problems than we normally do, even with trusted and competent companies. The demand this year has been astronomical, and when you run factories at extended hours, people will fatigue and get careless. Employees will feel the pressure of their foremans reminding them "we have 100,000 of these due to ship tomorrow!!" (or whatever the case may be) and fail to notice things.
    I have to agree with you on that one. It is sad but true.

I had the extractor and spring replaced, also the barrel modified on my shield by S&W. Since then my gun has run great and I would be willing to bet that MY shield will feed hollow points better than an average shield now that they modified it. Definitely a keeper now.

OP - How about what that gun really needs...a thumb safety deletion!

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    OP - How about what that gun really needs...a thumb safety deletion!

Had I kept my Shield I was going to carry with the safety off. It certainly did not have a "target" trigger!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Would suggest you re-think that one. I have 7 M&P's including the Shield, and they are some of the best pistols made today IMO. If I ever had to give up my Glocks, I would
    be just fine with my M&P's.

...I'm carrying an M&P 9C today....one of my absolutely favoritest guns.
    Thankfully we have so many choices in handguns as I'm the opposite of you. While I like the feel of the M&P's, I just plain shoot better with my Glocks.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links