Fair Asking Price? (LC9 & PF9)

This is a discussion on Fair Asking Price? (LC9 & PF9) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally got my replacement barrel from Kel Tec (original was rusting), so I can sell my PF9 now. I'm going to consign at a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Old_Dog

Thread: Fair Asking Price? (LC9 & PF9)

I finally got my replacement barrel from Kel Tec (original was rusting), so I can sell my PF9 now. I'm going to consign at a LGS (they take 20%) and need to figure out a fair asking price. It is is very good condition and I have 3 mags and FO sights, what do you think? it is black/blued on black by the way. I know Kel Tec used value are crap, is it worth selling or just keeping for the few times when I use it?

My other option is to sell the LC9, it is almost new, 3 mags, Lasermax mounted. It's not a bad gun, but only one 9mm single stack may remain i've decided. Do I sell at take a loss or keep it and sell the Kel Tec?

Bottoms line is: a) I only want one single stack 9mm, I have no need for both. b) Demand for guns is insane right now, why keep stuff that sits in a box (seriously) in my closet? c) I want to put the cash into a .45, guns are one of several hobbies of mine (watches being the other, you think guns get expensive? HAH!).

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    FWIW I paid $279 my PF-9 (new) in hard chrome at that time the blued PF-9 were about $239 as I recall.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I think in today's market with the 3 mags and FO sights you'd be looking around 300-325.
    And as above... I paid $260 shipped from Buds a couple years ago for a new parkerized/black one...but that was a couple years ago. Buds doesn't even have them now.

Distinguished Member
    I considered taking them if you paid me $100 I guess. That seems fair. :)
    Taurahe likes this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

The market prices on PF9s are substantially higher than what the posters above paid, a new PF9 blued is is listed at the store for $319 and a parkerized at $329, hard chrome is $370. This store is in a "tranisitional" area, I wish I had a Hi Point or maybe a nice Bryco to sell, if not the obvious hot item

..."Glak fawtay"...

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    In my area at local shows I have seen the blued/parkerized PF9's for $234 and the hard chrome for $274 both at the same dealer. Some dealers were just a few dollars more. I hope that helps. God Bless

Sponsored Links