Fair Asking Price? (LC9 & PF9)

This is a discussion on Fair Asking Price? (LC9 & PF9) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally got my replacement barrel from Kel Tec (original was rusting), so I can sell my PF9 now. I'm going to consign at a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Old_Dog

Thread: Fair Asking Price? (LC9 & PF9)

I finally got my replacement barrel from Kel Tec (original was rusting), so I can sell my PF9 now. I'm going to consign at a LGS (they take 20%) and need to figure out a fair asking price. It is is very good condition and I have 3 mags and FO sights, what do you think? it is black/blued on black by the way. I know Kel Tec used value are crap, is it worth selling or just keeping for the few times when I use it?

My other option is to sell the LC9, it is almost new, 3 mags, Lasermax mounted. It's not a bad gun, but only one 9mm single stack may remain i've decided. Do I sell at take a loss or keep it and sell the Kel Tec?

Bottoms line is: a) I only want one single stack 9mm, I have no need for both. b) Demand for guns is insane right now, why keep stuff that sits in a box (seriously) in my closet? c) I want to put the cash into a .45, guns are one of several hobbies of mine (watches being the other, you think guns get expensive? HAH!).

FWIW I paid $279 my PF-9 (new) in hard chrome at that time the blued PF-9 were about $239 as I recall.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified
    Active Fraternal Order of Police member
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I think in today's market with the 3 mags and FO sights you'd be looking around 300-325.
    And as above... I paid $260 shipped from Buds a couple years ago for a new parkerized/black one...but that was a couple years ago. Buds doesn't even have them now.

VIP Member
    I considered taking them if you paid me $100 I guess. That seems fair. :)
    Taurahe likes this.
    I prepare for the possible that is most likely and not the unlikely simply because it is possible.

The market prices on PF9s are substantially higher than what the posters above paid, a new PF9 blued is is listed at the store for $319 and a parkerized at $329, hard chrome is $370. This store is in a "tranisitional" area, I wish I had a Hi Point or maybe a nice Bryco to sell, if not the obvious hot item

..."Glak fawtay"...

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    In my area at local shows I have seen the blued/parkerized PF9's for $234 and the hard chrome for $274 both at the same dealer. Some dealers were just a few dollars more. I hope that helps. God Bless

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links