Bodyguard .38

Bodyguard .38

This is a discussion on Bodyguard .38 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Scanning the shelves today, I didn't find anything to take home, but on the positive side, I found a gun to scratch off my list. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Bodyguard .38

Bodyguard .38

Scanning the shelves today, I didn't find anything to take home, but on the positive side, I found a gun to scratch off my list.

They had a new SW bodyguard for a little below MSRP. I'm trying not to buy anything made in the PROM, but figured I'd take a look anyhow...

First thing I noticed was NOT the finish - but it's definitely not what I'd expect from a SW.
    First thing I noticed was NOT the screwy location for the laser on/off switch (maybe they put it there to make lefty's feel more welcome).

No, it was the (flimsy-feeling) cylinder release glued on top like an old break-top, where the hammer would be on a model 60. Oh, btw, it's right next to the laser switch.

No thanks.

I have looked, but have not purchased also due to the flimsy feeling. I have a friend who owns one and loves it though. To each his own. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I'm too geezerly to properly appreciate the new model Smith & Wessons as well.
    pistola and Superhouse 15 like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Put a hogue grip on it and it makes a good bug
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

CSL
    I passed on the Bodyguard, too and went with the Ruger LCR. I did not like the design on the BG at all.
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

Bought one and have had no issues. It really is an impressive light weight carry option. I'll admit the cylinder release feels a bit cheap, but it does it's job and has given me no hassles. I would recommend this gun to anyone as I really enjoy shooting it too. However I did recently replace it as my EDC with a G19.
    Romans 12:21

My muscle memory expects snubs to operate a certain way, and this one doesn't. The first time (and every time I didn't concentrate on the process) that I tried to reload one my thumb would slide up to the side of it trying to move a cylinder latch that wasn't there. My thumb would press back and forth until I remembered or until I eventually figured out that something was wrong and looked down. To be fair the same thing happenedwith the upside down safety on Ruger's new .22 semi auto . I passed on both.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Links