Yippy, let's not do that again!!!

This is a discussion on Yippy, let's not do that again!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pleased to see shelves full of ammo in every caliber including 22 Lr! Prices are normal aside from one store that's about $5 more on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Yippy, let's not do that again!!!

Yippy, let's not do that again!!!

Pleased to see shelves full of ammo in every caliber including 22 Lr! Prices are normal aside from one store that's about $5 more on 40 cal.
    Cases are full of handguns and there's modern sporting rifles on the shelves for normal prices.
    Pags are full of magazines at normal prices as well!

And yes even Walmart has ammo sometimes!

How about we never panic buy again? You'd think after 2008 we would have learned!

Anyone else seeing things recovering?

In God and Glock we Trust

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I'm seeing some NIB, and slightly used, guns coming on the market from local sellers at new or slightly higher prices. Seems some of the panic buyers and hoarders are getting antsy.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I finally found the Colt Mustang Pocketlite I have been looking for at non auction prices yesterday. Also found some .380 ammo at normal prices but then discovered that I had 8 boxes of it stashed away. I kind of lost track of what ammo I have because pre-panic I was buying it up every week in anticipation of what was to come from all that AWB talk. Lived through the last one and knew what would happen again. One of the benefits of old age and knowing that history tends to repeat itself. :)
    Philly Boy likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Distinguished Member
    Huh, you wanna send some this way OP?

I've seen naught but bare shelves in these parts...

I see it getting better here but on another forum they said California is starting a new 10% tax on ammo. This means we will have even more of them coming over the border and buying ammo in Nevada. We didn't get chance to vote on the idiots that are doing but we are getting the impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Huh, you wanna send some this way OP?

I've seen naught but bare shelves in these parts...
    I actually was going to do this for a guy then my local store actually ran out! Bad luck!

In God and Glock we Trust

Tired of waiting for any improvement. I'll believe it has changed for the better only when I see it for myself.

Saw almost 100 boxes of 9mm and 3-4 dozen boxes of Remington .22lr in bulk pack (525 rounds) in stock at cane lad yesterday. Bought my share of ammo. Went back today and they were gone. But .45 ACP has been in steady stock. I've been burning a hole in my wallet stocking up but I'm finally set now with 1000 rounds of 9mm, 1500 of .22lr, 1000 of .45 and 1000 of .223/5.56. I'll let fellow shooters buy the rest. Not gonna hoard and make matters worse!

1st time I've seen 3 boxes of 40 in quite a while - nothing else.

Everywhere around me the gunracks are full again. Even large volumes of Glocks around. Ammo has been more plentiful too, but still goes fairly quickly. Just not instantly like before.

Things definitely looking better. For now at least.... >.>

Yes and no.

Many more ARs, AKs, tactical shotguns and pistols around. Magazines seem to be getting more plentiful as well. It's the key component, ammo, that is still hard to find here. .40 is the only consistent pistol ammo, and 7.62x54R, .300 and 7mm are the only consistent rifle ammo.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I just posted in another thread that my lgs is swimming in ammo. It's glorious! Can't wait until I can afford an AK!

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Not where I am from. Shelves are still barren. Haven't found any 9mm defense or FMJ at all. Really stinks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

I wish I had a magic wand to turn the 250 rounds of .40 I have no gun left in which to use into .45ACP for the gun I just bought and have no ammo for...

The other day I saw something I hadn't in awhile, two decent brands of 9mm range ammo at the same time at Academy in two different calibers (Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle in 9mm and .40).

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Saw almost 100 boxes of 9mm and 3-4 dozen boxes of Remington .22lr in bulk pack (525 rounds) in stock at cane lad yesterday.
    Pardon my ignorance but what and where is cane lad? I have noticed little improvement here in SE Michigan and apparently I just need to expand my search a bit. Thanks
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links