Looking for...

Looking for...

This is a discussion on Looking for... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A weapon chambered in .45 ACP, single stack, compact/subcompact, all metal, single action only. Oh, and not a 1911... Is there anything out there? Reason: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for...

Looking for...

A weapon chambered in .45 ACP, single stack, compact/subcompact, all metal, single action only. Oh, and not a 1911... Is there anything out there?

Reason: I love 1911s, but am looking for a modern handgun. Does any alternative exist?

P220 Carry sao.
    RoadRunner71 likes this.

Going to be a sig or a CZ but forget trying to find a CZ

P220 small enough for summer carry? I'm not a large man, not small... But not where I can conceal a phone book.

Why all steel? And XDS fits the bill but is polymer frame. Sig and cz will be pretty much the only real options for what your looking for.
    GlassWolf likes this.

Depends on how you carry it. I don't own a P220 - on my wishlist - but can conceal a full-sized P226 and I'm pretty average sized - 6'/180ish. Cargo shorts and a polo/button-down (I don't do T-shirts much, but that would work as well). IWB or a quality high-ride pancake.

Won't pocket carry.

Now if you want something smaller, you could TRY to find a used P245, but I don't know if they made those SAO.

I'd go with the 220. damn fine gun. so are the cz's, but as easy8 said, good luck finding one. My first thought was Kahr, but I dont think they made a .45 with an all metal frame, just 9 and 40. I have had hands on the cm series though, and it felt really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RockingGlock32 View Post
    Why all steel? And XDS fits the bill but is polymer frame. Sig and cz will be pretty much the only real options for what your looking for.
    XDs was on my radar, just love the feel of an all metal weapon, and I like the weight... Doesn't bother me carrying a heavier weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Going to be a sig or a CZ but forget trying to find a CZ
    CZ doesn't make a single stack compact .45

Quote Originally Posted by CPT_Rich View Post
    A weapon chambered in .45 ACP, single stack, compact/subcompact, all metal, single action only. Oh, and not a 1911... Is there anything out there?

Reason: I love 1911s, but am looking for a modern handgun. Does any alternative exist?
    I don't think what you are looking for is being made. Time to change your "requirements".

I was wrong,,,, S&W Model 457

Quote Originally Posted by bugboy View Post
    I don't think what you are looking for is being made. Time to change your "requirements".

Nope. S&W 457 is a DA/SA, not SAO.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by CPT_Rich View Post
    A weapon chambered in .45 ACP, single stack, compact/subcompact, all metal, single action only... and not a 1911...
    ...I love 1911s, but am looking for a modern handgun.
    Nope. You've contradicted yourself. What you have described is NOT a "modern handgun". Sorry.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by bugboy View Post

I didn't think it existed, been searching to no avail, and thought I would ask to see if I missed something.

As to whether it would be modern, having a single action trigger and a medal frame does not make a gun less modern.

I'd say EAA Witness Compact, except it's a double-stack 8-round. It's DA/SA but can be carried cocked-and-locked. All-steel CZ clone made by Tanfoglio.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'd say EAA Witness Compact, except it's a double-stack 8-round. It's DA/SA but can be carried cocked-and-locked. All-steel CZ clone made by Tanfoglio.
    Thanks for the idea, reading reviews I'm not sure it's reliable enough for carrying... I'll read more about it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links