kahr cm40?

kahr cm40?

This is a discussion on kahr cm40? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thinking about a kahr cm40 to replace the nano I have now. whats your thoughts on it ? ive had nothing but bad luck as ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SIXTO

Thread: kahr cm40?

kahr cm40?

thinking about a kahr cm40 to replace the nano I have now. whats your thoughts on it ? ive had nothing but bad luck as far as semis go so im a little reluctant. just wanna hear from some of you that have them or know someone who dose. thanks!

Administrator
    Most people that go the Kahr route are happier with 9mm. That said, the CM40 is a nice option.
    Hodad likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    The 40sw may offer more recoil than you can master?? Not the easiest of calibers to shot in one of the smallest pistols out there. Pick the 9mm or 45 version.

The 40sw ammo I use in a larger kahr chorny's at 1300fps with a 155gr bullet. Lots of snap.

Whats wrong about your nano that makes you want to get another handgun. If control add something to the grip that make of soft rubber to help with grip and stop shooting when you see issues starting do to control problems. Also many small pistol can have issues with a couple brands of ammo more than others. I tend to avoid wwb, tula wolf, federal low price stuff for range time/practice. I have a cm9 cw9 and tp40 kahr and carried a pf-9 for several years. Maybe 6000 rounds thru those pistol with no problems but may cw9 came used to me from a highly disgruntled owner. Been a great pistol for me.

Most problems are owner or ammo related.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I have the CM9 (see my avatar) and because of recoil would suggest 9MM for a small semi.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

The CM40 is a super snappy shooter, and everything i own semi is 40. I owned a CM9, and even it was snappy. the kahr is a great gun and I had zero problems with mine. I would take one over the Nano, but I dont like the feel of the nano either.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I have the PM9 and love it. I would not want a 40 in a gun as small and light as the CM

I just traded a Nano for a Kahr CM40. It carries nicely, shoots great for a small gun. I have just learned to tuck my finger under the mag which helps the grip. I don't think you will regret it. About the same recoil as in the Nano 9mm.

My carry gun 90% of the time is a .40 (H&K) so I like the caliber. For pocket carry I have a Kahr PM9 which I have been very happy with. I was offered a good deal on a Kahr .40 from a customer in the LGS. I asked to shoot first and then politely handed back. Even at a great price I didn't want to shoot it. As an aside I hated the recoil on my airweight S&W J frame so I purchased the 9mm Kahr. Would never go back.

Sponsored Links