Ultramax JHP

This is a discussion on Ultramax JHP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought a box of Ultramax 165 JHP 40 cal. Anyone know who's bullet they are using? $27 bucks per 50 is great. I figured ...

Thread: Ultramax JHP

Ultramax JHP

Just bought a box of Ultramax 165 JHP 40 cal.

Anyone know who's bullet they are using? $27 bucks per 50 is great. I figured I'd set these away for the zombies.

I wish I could have bought a second box. Makes more sense stashing JHP over FMJ...

In God and Glock we Trust

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Not so long ago I was ordering a couple boxes of HP ammo each month for that price from online venders. I lucked out stocking up before the crisis. Winchester Ranger .40 in 180gr. or Premium Bonded are my rounds of choice.

Not dure what bullet your brand is using, but that is a good find at that price.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    After looking at their site it looks like their line may be re-manufactored ammo. They don't list very much into about what exactly they are loading or what components they use. I do see where they buy brass from LE agencies or trade brass for loaded ammunition.

Yeah its remanufactured.

I carry Double Tap and Winchester, however for stocking, no hording, you can't beat that price!

Ehh you're paying $5 more for reloads as range ammo compared to WWB in the one caliber that you can confidently use FMJ for SD in?

I recently found a 50 round box of 180 gr. 40S&W Critical Duty for 26.99 and a couple 50 round boxes of 327 Federal that I couldn't pass up. Same here...I'm just going to put them aside and look for more good deals when I can. 20 round count of Gold Dots are going for around the same price or higher at the LGS, so I considered it a score.

Somewhat on topic...my LGS has been selling remanufactured ammo for the range here lately and it's been pretty consistent. At least they have something to shoot, so I don't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Ehh you're paying $5 more for reloads as range ammo compared to WWB in the one caliber that you can confidently use FMJ for SD in?
    Negative, I bought it for defense ammo for emergencies. LoL not that rich!
    I buy FMJ for plinking at $20 a box.

It Almost looks like the large box of Remington JHP, the non Golden Saber.

Links