Glock Gen 4 Beavertails?

This is a discussion on Glock Gen 4 Beavertails? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have experience with the new OEM Glock beavertails now available and shipping with some gen4 pistols? I'd be interested in getting one for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 4 Beavertails?

Glock Gen 4 Beavertails?

Does anyone have experience with the new OEM Glock beavertails now available and shipping with some gen4 pistols? I'd be interested in getting one for my G26, and they do exist at the below picture shows. It's a pretty cheap and simple part, does anyone have one or have a source? Another things is that putting a FDE beavertail on a black frame or vice versa would be an interesting and easily removable cosmetic change too. While we're at it, can you get the FDE base plates anywhere?

dCGAYa2.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I purchased a new blue label Gen 4 G27 in March with a 2-28-13 test fire date and it only came with the two standard backstraps. A friend purchased a new blue label Gen 4 G27 two weeks ago, from the same dealer and it had the beavertail backstraps included. He installed the large beavertail and seems to like it. I have seen some black ones pop up on ebay recently but not any FDE colors. Here is a link that offers some more info.

Choke up with Glock?s new Gen4 beavertail backstrap kit | Military Times GearScout
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

My G23g4 came with 2 standard back straps and 2 beaver tails.

I tried them on but I don't really care for the added thickness in the grip. I'm happy with just the standard grip and if I recall, I believe the grip is the size of the SF when no straps are in place. I read that somewhere but don't recall where exactly.

I guess I'm picky when it comes to Glocks. If its not an SF Gen 3 or a Gen 4...I'm not interested.

I contacted Glock on this subject, I have had 2 gen 4 guns with Feb-2013 test fire dates and I didn't get any beavertails. Glock informed me that guns produced starting in March of 2013 were going to be shipped with the beavertails. They should have beavertails for all models by now. They can be purchased from glock for $16 dollars if I remember correctly, just call Glock and they can get anyone interested squared away. I would like to atleast try these for this very reason: Sometimes when I draw my Gen 4 G23 from concealment quickly the web of my hand obstructs the rear of the slide. I THINK that if I had the beaver tail it would help guide my hand to a better grip when I draw...

This is a ME** problem and not a glock problem** I have been training rigorously to solve this problem through training but I do think the beavertails might give me a little help.

VIP Member
    I paid good money to have the beaver tail removed from my M&P. Different strokes, I guess.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    I contacted Glock on this subject, I have had 2 gen 4 guns with Feb-2013 test fire dates and I didn't get any beavertails. Glock informed me that guns produced starting in March of 2013 were going to be shipped with the beavertails. They should have beavertails for all models by now. They can be purchased from glock for $16 dollars if I remember correctly, just call Glock and they can get anyone interested squared away. I would like to atleast try these for this very reason: Sometimes when I draw my Gen 4 G23 from concealment quickly the web of my hand obstructs the rear of the slide. I THINK that if I had the beaver tail it would help guide my hand to a better grip when I draw...

This is a ME** problem and not a glock problem** I have been training rigorously to solve this problem through training but I do think the beavertails might give me a little help.
    Mine was test fired in April '13...no beaver here

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Mine was test fired in April '13...no beaver here
    Which model ... g26 ? I think the g26/27/36 might be the last models to get it ..

Which model ... g26 ? I think the g26/27/36 might be the last models to get it ..
    26gen4, Vb**** serial

VIP Member
    I saw these for the first time a couple of weeks ago. This may actually make me interested in a Gen4.

I run Grip Force Adaptors on my Gen3's and love them. I have big, meaty hands and got tired of having to clean the blood off my slides after a long training session.

Good on GLOCK for including them - FINALLY!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the new OEM Glock beavertails now available and shipping with some gen4 pistols? I'd be interested in getting one for my G26, and they do exist at the below picture shows. It's a pretty cheap and simple part, does anyone have one or have a source? Another things is that putting a FDE beavertail on a black frame or vice versa would be an interesting and easily removable cosmetic change too. While we're at it, can you get the FDE base plates anywhere?

dCGAYa2.jpg
    Why?

I like the improved solidity in the hand, due to the wider flare at the top, yes. But the (slight) increase in grip circumference I can do without. No "big, meaty" hands here.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by locotest View Post
    Why?
    Why?

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    My friends G27 was test fired in April and had the beavertail backstraps included.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    My friends G27 was test fired in April and had the beavertail backstraps included.
    Well that's annoying that I didn't get one in mine. What is Glock CS like? I'v never heard much about people's experiences with them.

They are only available for the 17/22 and 19/23, so far.

I haven't gotten to try them out, but I really want them. I get a very high grip when I shoot. Bleeding is a thing. I have also found the 19 (Gen 4) to be amazingly flat shooting, and am very interested in anything that adds to this even further.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links