Thinking about a G36

This is a discussion on Thinking about a G36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't have anything in 45 ACP yet and am waiting on a Kimber 1911 I've ordered. ( December ) I love my G26 and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Thinking about a G36

Thinking about a G36

I don't have anything in 45 ACP yet and am waiting on a Kimber 1911 I've ordered. ( December ) I love my G26 and am having a hard time not buying the 36. It feels very good in my hand at the GS, but how does it shoot?

2. Remove Ads

And carry.

Wow...you actually found one to fondle? I have yet to lay eyes on the elusive G36.

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this gun as of late...myself included.

Linking you to a thread I started about the exact same thing:

Really debating buying a G36

I feel it has a bit more snap compared to the 30...still a good gun I just like begin able to run my 21 mags in the 30.

James - www.guardianconcealment.com

The G36 is a fantastic gun. Its much easier to carry than the G30, but does have a bit more snap to the recoil and of course less rounds available. However, the thinner profile and weight makes up for these drawbacks. I own both but much prefer carrying the G36.
    Smarshe and GhostMaker like this.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    If you are thinking of a Glock-36 my advise is to immediately see a hypnotist and have all thoughts removed from your memory. You bring one Glock home and leave it unattended even for a short period then all of a sudden there are two....then three....on and on....some how they mate and multiply without you even being aware and before you know it...late notices for power bills, car bills, water bills and credit card payments are arriving

Repent while you can.
    JT353 likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I have owned a few.. Nice carry gun.. I always go back to the G19 for capacity reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    If you are thinking of a Glock-36 my advise is to immediately see a hypnotist and have all thoughts removed from your memory. You bring one Glock home and leave it unattended even for a short period then all of a sudden there are two....then three....on and on....some how they mate and multiply without you even being aware and before you know it...late notices for power bills, car bills, water bills and credit card payments are arriving

Repent while you can.
    To late. Already have a 26.
    dben002 likes this.

I bought a new Glock 36 a few months ago. So far, I've put 200 rounds of 230 gr. Ranger T and FMJ through it without a problem.
    I do not think the recoil is bad, even with the Ranger T.
    I use to have a Kimber Ultra, the 36 carries just as easy and subjectively doesn't kick any more despite the light weight.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Excellent carry .45. Slim for a GLOCK.

Not a huge capacity, but holds as many as most 1911s, give or take. My main complaint is the magazines are good only for the model 36.

the beauty of the G36 is the thinness of the grip. Much easier to conceal than the G30, which is a softer shooting pistol, but a bit of a tank to carry.
    The G36 fits most holsters for a Glock 19 and is very close to the G19 dimensions except for the grip. Its a violent little shooter, and recoil is substantial, but
    too much fun for a recoil junky like me. I have Trijicon night sights on my G36 after this pic was taken. Reliability and accuracy has been typically Glock....perfect.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I love my G 36. Very easy to carry especially in a HighNoon Public Secret holster!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

CSG
    Interesting to read how much better the 36 is over the 30. I seem to recall when the 36's came out the internet chatter was just the opposite.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSG View Post
    Interesting to read how much better the 36 is over the 30. I seem to recall when the 36's came out the internet chatter was just the opposite.
    Anything new is suspicious and probably does not work. Entrenched aficionados of established platforms will frequently belittle the new technology and occasionally, for good reason.

Almost anything manufactured today is beta tested on the public in the first year or two. I can't understand why manufacturers think it is better to let the consumer do the testing and then eat the bad reviews but that's what they seem to do more and more often. The 36 was one product that was launched that way.

I have owned two 36's and neither one has had any type of malfunction and I beat the heck out of my equipment. One I keep stock for competition and one is slightly tweeked for carry.

I have come to rely on that gun more and more.
    mwhartman likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links