Sell Me a FDE Gun (Factory or After Market)

This is a discussion on Sell Me a FDE Gun (Factory or After Market) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now, I have all my guns either black (blued) or black/stainless (slide)...I'm seriously considering adding a Glock 34gen4, which is sold in FDE by ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By MJB_17

Thread: Sell Me a FDE Gun (Factory or After Market)

Right now, I have all my guns either black (blued) or black/stainless (slide)...I'm seriously considering adding a Glock 34gen4, which is sold in FDE by Cabelas, but their price is high and paying a significant premium just for the color is pretty silly. I want a FDE gun for a simple reason, because I think it looks cool! I have no real practical need for it I just like the color. I was thinking of possibly having my EDC G26gen4 done in cerakote FDE as a cheaper option. Please share pics and thought about FDE or other unconventional colored weapons. And please, no Desert Eagle pics.

I posted about this yesterday on a different thread...but I scored an FDE G27g4 when I was at the range yesterday shooting my G23. Ever since I got the G23g4, I have kind of been on a Glock kick and have been wanting to add a G27 for AIWB, but they didn't have any; just Gen 3's that I don't like.

Funny thing is, last week they had a few regular black Gen 4 Glocks that were marked up higher than the Gen 3's and as I recall they only had one FDE G17g4 in stock. So I go in yesterday and they have several FDE guns now and they dropped the prices down to around $549 for Gen 4 FDE or black...and the Gen 3's are at $499. In FDE they had G17, G22, G27 and even a couple G26's in stock...and maybe even a G19.

I was happy just to get the G27g4 I wanted but being able to score an FDE was even better!

They are out there for the taking, you just have to find them.

MJB_17 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

A guy locally on armslist has a Gen 3 19 in FDE and wants $1000 for it. LOL!. How bout this, buy a cheap, beaten up black one and have it cerakoted in FDE for $100.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Diy duracoat. I love that stuff.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

I like the look of the OD Green myself :)

I've been doing so market research (aka shopping) and I see what you all are saying about the prices in FDE Glocks. It looks like I may go the Cabelas route, their price is actually quite good by comparison. The only time I'm paying $1000 for a Glock is if it comes with a twin.
    Taurahe likes this.

Sponsored Links