ATI 1911 titan

This is a discussion on ATI 1911 titan within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seen one of these for sale and wondered if there were worth looking at. I know they are a cheaper gun and this will not ...

Thread: ATI 1911 titan

ATI 1911 titan

Seen one of these for sale and wondered if there were worth looking at. I know they are a cheaper gun and this will not be my primary carry " I have a kahr K9 that fills this role nicely" but if the feed back on the ati are not good then I won't waist my time considering the purchase. The ati does seem to be a tightly made gun just looking at it. So does anyone here have one and what has be your experience good or bad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Ads

Here is a couple of vids by Hickok..

ATI 1911 - YouTube

ATI 1911 Chapter 2 - YouTube
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I have eyeballed an ATI fx 45 a few times at my LGS, but never fired on nor do I know anyone who has one. I would be interested to hear what you think if you get one.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

The titan is a 3" model so you need to be prepared to spend some time making it reliable. A couple guys on here have said they have them, and after a little work, became wonderful guns. I have seen youtube videos comparing the Titan with a Kimber Ultra Carry (which I have) and the video says they are about the same. I find that hard to believe because the accuracy of my 3" Kimber is better than several off brand 1911's I had (even with longer barrels) like American Classic, Citadel, and Rock Island.

If you can get the gun for under $500 (my local shop has them for $469) then I say it is a decent deal and worth the gamble. They are sweet guns for the price IMO.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

CAM00063.jpgI have an ATI fatboy lightweight and after about 600 flawless rounds I think it's a great gun and it shoots on par with my brothers kimber ultra

They have problems with the recoil system fairly frequently. Most people have found that using a Colt Defender spring generally helps out immensely. I'm with the above, if you can get one for under 500, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TxTchRR View Post
    They have problems with the recoil system fairly frequently. Most people have found that using a Colt Defender spring generally helps out immensely. I'm with the above, if you can get one for under 500, do it.
    Yea, I forgot their recoil spring system sucks. I wonder if you could retrofit a Kimber one or the Colt type.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Yea, I forgot their recoil spring system sucks. I wonder if you could retrofit a Kimber one or the Colt type.
    From what I've read, the Defender system is almost a drop in. They also re did the system at some point and the new design is supposedly much more reliable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Links