Adding to the stable

This is a discussion on Adding to the stable within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a Gen3 Glock 30 that I use for EDC and Home Defense and have no plans to get rid of it. I ...

Thread: Adding to the stable

Adding to the stable

I currently have a Gen3 Glock 30 that I use for EDC and Home Defense and have no plans to get rid of it. I like the .45acp round and am looking to get another pistol in that caliber for dedicated Home Defense use. I have always been a fan of 3rd generation S&W autos but recently ran across S&W 625 with a 4" barrel. The 4506 is my favorite but the 625 has also caught my eye. I saw a 4506 at a gun show on Saturday for $750 which seemed a little steep for its condition. I have seen 625s on gunbroker anywhere from $795 to over $1000. I thought about the Night Guard but I don't want a snubbie and it is way to expensive. Do any of you out there have one of these guns and if so, do you like it and would you recommend it for Home Defense?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's rare that I see a good deal at a gun show, so I don't attend many these days. $795 IS steep for a 4506, any 4506. My 4566 a couple of years ago was $380. A simpler solution to your "home defense" desire is to buy a Glcok 21 mag and a mag sleeve. Now you have 13+1 rounds--more than any 4506--and add quick-detachable light and you've got your bases covered. Unless you just want an excuse to buy another gun, that is.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I agree. I've always wanted a 3rd gen S&W but waited too long and now people want HK money for them. No thanks.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's rare that I see a good deal at a gun show, so I don't attend many these days. $795 IS steep for a 4506, any 4506. My 4566 a couple of years ago was $380. A simpler solution to your "home defense" desire is to buy a Glcok 21 mag and a mag sleeve. Now you have 13+1 rounds--more than any 4506--and add quick-detachable light and you've got your bases covered. Unless you just want an excuse to buy another gun, that is.
    X2 or you could just buy a new Glock 21!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A1Fiddler View Post
    I agree. I've always wanted a 3rd gen S&W but waited too long and now people want HK money for them. No thanks.
    Vance's offered me $200 trade-in on a new Glock for my 1006 in perfect condition with five magazines. I walked, of course and now have it in my edc rotation. It turns out that 10mm was the only ammo I could find for several months. Suffice to say, I won't be offering it again anytime soon.
    1006 10mm 020.JPG
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Vance's offered me $200 trade-in on a new Glock for my 1006 in perfect condition with five magazines. I walked, of course and now have it in my edc rotation. It turns out that 10mm was the only ammo I could find for several months. Suffice to say, I won't be offering it again anytime soon.
    1006 10mm 020.JPG
    What a joke. Nice gun though, if I were to ever buy a 10mm, that would be it.

Links