Defensive Carry banner

Glock 30s showed up a the gun shop

4K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  Fitch 
#1 ·
Went to the gun shop to get some oil, the guy there turned me on to "weapon shield" , Ill give it a try...
Anyways they had 2 glock 30s models sitting there, the first time I have seen them in person. Very nice feel to it, the first thing that popped into my head was a .45 caliber glock 23/19 size wise. Anybody have their hands on one ? I don't hear too much about them yet..How do they shoot ?

#4 ·
Great shooter! Best of both, higher capacity of the 30 with thinner slide for better concealment. My 30/36 is close by 24/7.

#6 ·
I already have the 30SF and the 36...so...I could make my own, but I don't see the need.
I like both my 30 and 36, but the 36 will still be my EDC...7 shots of .45 is fine with me.

#7 ·
I'm hunting for one. I have the G36 and love it but would like the 10 rd capacity. $491 blue label if they ever get one in stock.
Hickock45 on YouTube.com has a nice video evaluating it. He is aboslutely ecstatic about the way it shoots.

#14 ·
I guess the Kimbers didn't catch on. On the flipside, it seems LAPD SWAT is still running Colt Series 70 Gov'ts and won't part with them.

Reactions: GhostMaker
#11 ·
WeaponShield. That's all I use on all of my firearms. Great Stuff!

I have a case of the stuff. I tossed away the Hoppes #9 years ago.

Shake the bottle a few times before you use it. Don't use too much when you lubricate....a little goes a long way.

Your firearm and your bore will get easier to clean each time you use it.

Everybody that ever used FP-10 loved it & the chemist that invented/formulated FP-10 (FirePower 10) improved FP-10 even further with greater friction reduction and cleaning power and that is WeaponShield.

#22 ·
I think will wait for the Gen 4 G30-s to roll out and then pick one up. The grip was amazing but I like the gen 4 texture for my sweaty hands

WeaponShield. That's all I use on all of my firearms. Great Stuff!

I have a case of the stuff. I tossed away the Hoppes #9 years ago.

Shake the bottle a few times before you use it. Don't use too much when you lubricate....a little goes a long way.

Your firearm and your bore will get easier to clean each time you use it.
I went to the range today and I am really liking this WeaponShield stuff. 300 rounds through the shield and the gun was still lubed up perfect. Cleaning was a breeze and everything just seems smoother. I'm a big skeptic on new products I try and this stuff really impressed me. You know what the best part is ?> Now I can clean my guns inside without anyone crying about the smell !!

#12 ·
I have both the G30 and G36. Each has its own strong points and I tend to prefer the G36 as its easier to carry but I'd never sell either one. You can't go wrong with either gun. Both are accurate and highly reliable.

#20 ·
I used the G30 to shoot steel on a reactive range once and was very surprised at how well it handled and shot. Since this thread came out I have been looking at the new version with more interest now, particularly since it is the only compact Glock that truly fits my hand (my wife says I have hands the size of a Grizzly's paw).

#27 ·
I had a 36 and I wish I hadn't sold it. I traded it in on a G3 Glock 30. I really really REALLY like the way the 30 shoots. It's the most accurate of my four .45's (SIG C3, XDs, FNX45T, G30). The 36 was reliable as gravity just like the rest of them. The 36 stung my 71 year old hand, the 30 doesn't. Neither does the XDs (go figure?). But the 30 is a bit much for me to lug around. When the crazyness settles down, I'll pick up another 36. The 30S is doubtless a great pistol but it's the solution to a problem I don't have.

Fitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.