Glock 25 and 28

This is a discussion on Glock 25 and 28 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yup. The .380 ACP Glocks. 25 is the compact, the 28 is the sub compact. I've never seen any in stores and while its on ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm
  • 3 Post By MJB_17
  • 1 Post By MJB_17

Thread: Glock 25 and 28

Glock 25 and 28

Yup. The .380 ACP Glocks. 25 is the compact, the 28 is the sub compact. I've never seen any in stores and while its on the Glock website I don't hear of people owning any of them. Curious if anyone on DC owns one or both of these and what you think of them? I'm not quite looking to buy a .380 auto Glock but I'm just curious.

2. Remove Ads

They are not for sale in the US.
    Inspector71 and zonker1986 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    They are not for sale in the US.
    Ahh figures.

Due to being smaller than 9mm and using a blowback operation instead of locked breech like the other Glocks, they fall short of scoring enough import points to be legally brought into the US. You can possess them, but not import them. A firearm must score 75 points to be legally imported per the 1968 GCA. I have actually heard recently that they are being found more and more frequently in the SW border states where cartels are very active since they are sold in Mexico and other Central American countries, some of which outlaw 9mm since it is considered a military caliber.

For comparison, a G22 scores 81 points and the G27 scores right at the minimum 75. They have to play the rules a bit loosely by fitting "target sights" on the baby Glocks which are then removed to even be able to import those. This system is also the reason why almost all of the super light 9mm and smaller guns are American made. I did the breakdown on an LC9 once, it would score like 30 some points if it were evaluated that way.
    DetChris, zonker1986 and Spovik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Due to being smaller than 9mm and using a blowback operation instead of locked breech like the other Glocks, they fall short of scoring enough import points to be legally brought into the US. You can possess them, but not import them. A firearm must score 75 points to be legally imported per the 1968 GCA. I have actually heard recently that they are being found more and more frequently in the SW border states where cartels are very active since they are sold in Mexico and other Central American countries, some of which outlaw 9mm since it is considered a military caliber.

For comparison, a G22 scores 81 points and the G27 scores right at the minimum 75. They have to play the rules a bit loosely by fitting "target sights" on the baby Glocks which are then removed to even be able to import those. This system is also the reason why almost all of the super light 9mm and smaller guns are American made. I did the breakdown on an LC9 once, it would score like 30 some points if it were evaluated that way.
    Great info!

Not my work, but here's an example:

2r6d0jm.jpg
    DetChris likes this.

I shot the glock25 in mexico in 2010 at a few dos equis bottles. Ill have to see if I can dig up the video off of my old cell. it was underwhelming, anyone who wants it here in America just wants it because they cant have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    I shot the glock25 in mexico in 2010 at a few dos equis bottles. Ill have to see if I can dig up the video off of my old cell. it was underwhelming, anyone who wants it here in America just wants it because they cant have it.
    I was actually wondering if anyone was going to chime in on experiences with them. I figured they wouldn't be much different than any other polymer frame .380. Is it correct that the 25 is about the same size as a 19?

I was wondering why I had never heard of those model numbers. Great info, thanks. I'm going to have to see if I can find how other firearms fared when held to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I was actually wondering if anyone was going to chime in on experiences with them. I figured they wouldn't be much different than any other polymer frame .380. Is it correct that the 25 is about the same size as a 19?
    Yes same size as a g19. The glock website explains it was created for countries where people aren't allowed to own pistols in military calibers.

Links