I.N.A. Tiger 38 Special Brazilian Revolver

This is a discussion on I.N.A. Tiger 38 Special Brazilian Revolver within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I.N.A. Tiger 38 Special Brazilian Revolver Review - YouTube Tied one up today at a LGS....was looking for a knock around gun...this one has been ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By Buckeye63

Thread: I.N.A. Tiger 38 Special Brazilian Revolver

I.N.A. Tiger 38 Special Brazilian Revolver

I.N.A. Tiger 38 Special Brazilian Revolver Review - YouTube

Tied one up today at a LGS....was looking for a knock around gun...this one has been there for a few weeks..without a price on it..when I asked to see it ..I surprised looks almost new...we haggled for awhile and came together on a price .so i put her in layaway (I'm Broke)

I should get her out in a week or so....the gun is tight and stiff...but seems well made.. alot like a older Taurus Model 80 ,I owned in the past...

2. Remove Ads

From Taurus to I.N.A.? Sorry, never owned an I.N.A. & never owned a Taurus (for very long). Why don't you tell us what it cost? It puts us in a better position to give a "value" opinion.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

if it shoots reliably, it is money well spent regardless of cost.
    bigsky109 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I picked it up as a knock around gun ...hopefully I'll get it out early next week ...

I've owned a few Taurus's, Rossi's this is my first I.N.A. ,actually the first I saw..

I really like the 38 Spl. round...and the J size frame with a 2.5 to 3 inch barrel...seems to have good balance which contributes to a natural pointer...

I once had a RG 38 Spl. a S&W K frame copy...it had a 2.5 inch barrel (advertised 2in.) Had that revolver for years...shot nuthing but 158gr LRN..must put over a 1000's rds thru her not one hiccup ..it was the only pistol I had for years...ended up trading it on a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem...

Since then i've accumulated alot of handguns ...but I owe alot to that old RG its heavy trigger.. fixed sights..it made me a better shooter...

As a beater I feel the I.N.A. should fill that roll....

I was looking at an essentially NIB one at my LGS for $150 until I noticed it had NO forcing cone, just a sharp cornered entrance into the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    I was looking at an essentially NIB one at my LGS for $150 until I noticed it had NO forcing cone, just a sharp cornered entrance into the barrel.
    Reminiscent of Harrington and Richardson revolvers. It looks like a winner from the picture. I would be cautious of shooting plus p rounds through it, but it should make a practical utility revolver using standard pressure .38 special. Best of luck with your new purchase!

Well deal went south.....I'm sure exactly what happened .. got a Text today..gun was no longer for sale ..i was getting from a Pawn Shop ..maybe it was hot ?

Oh well ....guess I'll look for a S&W 10 ..ho humm
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Administrator
    Just as well because "parts" would now be unavailable.
    I.N.A. was Industria Nacional De Armas and they are defunct or taken over by IMBEL.
    If you were just looking for a "beater" to mess around with and the price was WAY DOWN THERE AKA LOW it could have been a gun for fun.

Yepper...that would be a Pawn Shop gun alrighty.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Yep, you are right I agree..... I think a good Taurus 65 or a 82 would be a better choice ,well back to the drawing board

Hello,
    I have a I.N.A Tiger 38 I'd like to sell. As well as a Star 380 in Original box.hgLEoP7NfKbWz_iUsHLhpMm71zgeAZLkgoVt_tR5mOA.jpg_XHhXdBJ0tuK7ijEE6fCuVR4OScy2Wu-DfOxNSEoWs8.jpg
    Where would be a good place to start?
    Thank's

Links