Finally found my SHIELD .40cal

This is a discussion on Finally found my SHIELD .40cal within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for the S&W Shield in the .40cal and I finally found it. Now I may pass the Taurus TCP .380 to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sap03

Thread: Finally found my SHIELD .40cal

I have been looking for the S&W Shield in the .40cal and I finally found it. Now I may pass the Taurus TCP .380 to my loving wife who also has her CCW. I am really surprised how thin this SHIELD is! Compared to the little .380 it is slightly large even though it is a .40cal. Of course that is with the smaller magazine. So far it fits in my back pocket just like the little TCP did. Just the tip of the handle sticks out by 1/4 inch. I may carry this way or IWB holster.

Couldn't believe I found one. The store just got it in this afternoon and they received 2 and both are gone already. Can't wait to take it to the range.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Cool, congrats! I saw one last week at Cabelas, middle of the afternoon on a Friday. I ALMOST bought it to flip but decided I wasn't going to be 'one of those types'...

I wish someone would make a 357 Sig barrel for the .40 version, it would have the same capacity and would pack some serious punch in a small package. Last I had heard, Storm Lake was taking names for a list to possibly make one.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Cool, congrats! I saw one last week at Cabelas, middle of the afternoon on a Friday. I ALMOST bought it to flip but decided I wasn't going to be 'one of those types'...
    OK..I will bite. What is "one of those types"? LOL......

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky109 View Post
    OK..I will bite. What is "one of those types"? LOL......
    People who are buying guns they have no want/need for and are just doing it to resell immediately for a profit. These days, getting a Shield, especially a 9mm, at MSRP is rare and given the popularity around here I could then sell it myself privately for probably $600.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    People who are buying guns they have no want/need for and are just doing it to resell immediately for a profit. These days, getting a Shield, especially a 9mm, at MSRP is rare and given the popularity around here I could then sell it myself privately for probably $600.
    OKOK....I see.....Nope, I can say I am not one of those types. I wanted this pistol, no need except I wanted one. LOL. I hope to pass this on to one of my daughters who like to shoot when I leave this world. I am sure it will hold it's value and will operate as design for many years like my old AMT Automag-II.

I do see a lot of these bought up and resold for a profit. To each his own. I have even see the carbine I recently bought selling for 300-400 bucks more than it sells for. Sorry...it's mine and I like them. :)

Awesome pistol
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Took my shield to the range yesterday and shot 300 rounds of 9mm @ $15.99 a box. You actually forget you are shooting a sub compact single stack. What other gun this size can you go shoot 300 rounds per hour with no failures and no fatigue? I have yet to find another as capable, its like your shooting a full size gun minus the capacity. The .40 cal version might wear you out a little quicker but There is definitely some advantages in the upgrade in power over the 9mm. I carry mine in a Foxx hybrid @ $35.00 you cant beat it for the price. I wore cargo shorts and white hanes undershirt yesterday and was still able to conceal the shield at my 4:00 with the flush mag. Excellent gun to carry this time of the year when it is hot out. Congrats
    bigsky109 likes this.

I can't wait to put this into my EDC line up. Now to find a small thin holster for it.

The Comptac infidel holster looks pretty nice, the modular design gives you a lot of options..

Congrats! I have heard almost nothing but good things about the Shield.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I am looking for one in 40 also, I do not want to add another round to my collection. I look forward to the range report.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Just found a DeSanti pocket holster. This little .40 fits in my back pocket perfectly just like the Taurus TCP.380. I also picked up a Bulldog case for the Taurus since my wife wants to carry it in a "cellphone" case so it looks like a cell phone. Her pockets are too small. Now we can both carry and back each other up. :)

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Congrats, the shield was my second choice behind a glock which I ended up getting. I probably would have opted for the 9mm but it is very thin and looks like it would conceal nicely. Enjoy it

Here are some pics comparing it to my Taurus TCP. The TCP is pretty close to the Ruger LCP. In the pictures, the Taurus TCP is on top and the M&P Shield is on the bottom. Notice how close in size they are except the Shield is a .40cal and a little heavier.
    Image3.jpgImage1.jpgImage2.jpg

Sponsored Links