Glock G36 opinions

Glock G36 opinions

This is a discussion on Glock G36 opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Part two I guess. Not getting into a 9mm vs 45acp argument here, but I've already asked about KelTec PF9 for carry. The G36 is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Glock G36 opinions

Glock G36 opinions

Part two I guess. Not getting into a 9mm vs 45acp argument here, but I've already asked about KelTec PF9 for carry. The G36 is my other option I am considering. Opinions from those who carry a G36 are valued here. Thanks
    gatorbait51 likes this.

G36 a good choice

The Glock 36 has become one of my favorite carry guns over the past year since I bought it. I like .45 caliber for defense, and the G36 has been very accurate and reliable for me. I like its thin grip, easy concealability, light weight and DAO trigger. I carry it with one spare magazine and a belt holster behind the hip.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Agree with pogo2. Easy to carry and accurate for me. I added a +1 extension so it fit my big hand better.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

My G36 is my EDC. Very easy to carry and accurate. No regrets at my end with purchasing a G 36
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

^^^^^^ Agreed

I carried a G17 and G26 prior to that too.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I scratched my itch and picked up my Glock 36 from layaway finally!!

I haven't shot it yet but I'll tell you this:

All day I was wearing my G19 IWB. Right after I got the 36 I dropped it into the same holster (yes, the 19, 26 and 36 all share one holster!) and I was like "whoa".

You would never think that just a few fractions of an inch shaved off the frame and handle can make a difference. I will tell you now: it does!! It's a noticeable difference in comfort IWB right off the bat! I swapped it out with my 26. Less comfortable. 36 back on. Wow! The 36 definitely gets the nod in the comfort department.

First take on concealability is it conceals more like the 26 than the 19 even though from the side it looks almost identical to the 19. The slimmer profile helps it blend better. I'm not 100% sure yet. A week of rotating my Glocks will prove it out.

I will be wearing it all week and shooting it. So a separate 19 vs 26 vs 36 thread is incoming.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Glock 36 is a slim 45 that subjectively recoils less than it should.
    IMO the 36 beats the PF9 in every way except price.
    And yes, I did own a PF9 before.
    kmagnuss and gatorbait51 like this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    I scratched my itch and picked up my Glock 36 from layaway finally!!

I haven't shot it yet but I'll tell you this:

All day I was wearing my G19 IWB. Right after I got the 36 I dropped it into the same holster (yes, the 19, 26 and 36 all share one holster!) and I was like "whoa".

You would never think that just a few fractions of an inch shaved off the frame and handle can make a difference. I will tell you now: it does!! It's a noticeable difference in comfort IWB right off the bat! I swapped it out with my 26. Less comfortable. 36 back on. Wow! The 36 definitely gets the nod in the comfort department.

First take on concealability is it conceals more like the 26 than the 19 even though from the side it looks almost identical to the 19. The slimmer profile helps it blend better. I'm not 100% sure yet. A week of rotating my Glocks will prove it out.

I will be wearing it all week and shooting it. So a separate 19 vs 26 vs 36 thread is incoming.

Thanks to the kindness of a member of this forum who lent me a HighNoon Public Secret that he used for his G 23, I'm able to affirm that I was able to carry my G 36 and G 19 in that particular holster. A very nice advantage, IMO.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

New Member Array ChipOffTheGlock's Avatar
    My EDC purchase came down to either the G36 or 30 sf. I went with the 30 because it has a rail and double stack mag. I may get a 36 one day.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I really like the G36 too. I'm a 10mm fan at heart and my favorite CC pistol is the G29 but it is a little bulky to conceal with some clothes so I found myself carrying a 380 more than I'd like to admit. The G36 solved that problem for me. It's small enough to conceal easily, it packs a respectable punch and it's very accurate and controllable.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I've had my G36 for several years. I like it better than the other Glocks I've had, but it seems I rarely carry it. It is a great size carry gun and handles the 45 round very well. I shoot the G36 well enough to defend myself with it, and I do carry it on occasion, but I've had other similar size guns a lot longer that I seem to shoot much better. I have 4 mags for mine and I have pearce +1 extensions on 2 of them. Perhaps my next range trip I need to take it out and work with it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Glock 36 is a slim 45 that subjectively recoils less than it should.
    IMO the 36 beats the PF9 in every way except price.
    And yes, I did own a PF9 before.
    I'll add, Kel-Tec advertises that their firearms have a life expected life of 6,000 rounds or more.
    Kel Tec CNC

The expected life of a Glock is

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT and like it.
    It's just that PF9 < Glock 36
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Kel-Tec might last 6000 rounds, but how many will FTF? Spend $100 more and rest easy with a Glock, plus depreciation is nearly zero while you will need to giveaway the Kel-Tec when you want to trade it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have a G36 and am in the minority. I like everything about the G36, but the way it carries. I don't have anymore problem carrying a G22 than a G36. A 1911 it way easier to conceal and more comfortable to carry to me. Low round count, thick as a brick. Easy to pinch my hand with reloads. If I had to carry one of the small Glocks I would probably go with the G26.
    kmagnuss and gatorbait51 like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'd suggest figuring out a way to fire one before settling on it.

A friend of mine offered me his G27 for sale, because he was reducing calibers. We took it to the range, and I just could not get used to it in my hand -- something I found odd because I carry my PM9 as often as I do anything else. After about 40 or 50 rounds though I told him I just couldn't do it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links