Finally settled on a pocket gun

This is a discussion on Finally settled on a pocket gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After trying several different models, I grabbed the one I should have got in the first place, a Smith 442. This little j frame is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Finally settled on a pocket gun

After trying several different models, I grabbed the one I should have got in the first place, a Smith 442.

This little j frame is a sweetie. Drops in the pocket and away you go. Am living with a Blackhawk pocket holster until the Mika gets here. This gun will take some getting used to, but I believe it will be well worth it.

I still want a 640 and a G26.......It just never ends, does it?

Yeah, I know. Pics or it never happened. Wife has the camera in her car, so you'll have to wait.
    BugDude and mr.stuart like this.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    After trying several different models, I grabbed the one I should have got in the first place, a Smith 442.

This little j frame is a sweetie. Drops in the pocket and away you go. Am living with a Blackhawk pocket holster until the Mika gets here. This gun will take some getting used to, but I believe it will be well worth it.

Yeah, I know. Pics or it never happened. Wife has the camera in her car, so you'll have to wait.
    Great, now I'm totally freaking tortured.

Congrats on the new gun. I've been eying those myself lately.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Lol. No, it never ends.
    secondcor62 likes this.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Funny how when someone comes along and makes the right tool it just keeps on working. Enjoy shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Funny how when someone comes along and makes the right tool it just keeps on working. Enjoy shooting!
    Like Piers Morgan.
    Stoveman and multistage like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Nice one

Congrats on a great choice, multistage. I'm biased, though; I carry the exact same setup in my right pocket every day. I carried my Kimber Solo daily for almost 2 years until I saw the 442 at my local Sportsman's Warehouse about 2 months ago. (I have always wanted a J frame) I still like my Solo, but the 442 is so light that I forget it's in my pocket.

Let us know how you like your Mika. I've been interested in one since a guy at a local gun shop showed his to me.

I always have my 442. I got lucky and picked it up early in my carry career. Actually before I even had my permit. Stumbled on a gem. I love it. I keep it in an uncle mikes pocket holster, though I am thinking about something that holds it more secure, though being able to cant it a bit in pocket has applications with some pairs of shorts I own. You will not be disappointed.

When I am DJing weddings, it is the easiest to conceal, and disappears in my slacks. Love it!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Honestly, it's hard to beat a J-frame (or LCR). Congrats!
    maxwell97 likes this.

Congrats!!! My 442 was my first small concealed carry gun. Dozens more purchases followed it, but the 442 still gets a ton of carry time, especially when it starts warming up outside. I put a set of old school S&W j-frame wooden grips on mine. I think those old small wooden grips are the bomb. I also removed my internal lock flag, polished the internal contacts, and put a set of wolff springs (hammer and trigger return) in it and that just made it great!!! I've got thousands of rounds through mine after the spring swap and never a problem. Goes bang every time. With some focused training, you can get darn good with it too.
    ctr likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I dont have a 442... but I do have an LCR, and if its as equally awesome as my LCR, you made a wise choice. My LCR sees more carry time than my glock or my other ruger. It is that awesome !!!!....oh and we dont feel like waiting, so pics or it didnt happen :)
    SmokinFool likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Here's my 442 with Mika holster just to give you an idea of what to expect...

marcclarke likes this.

VIP Member

The 442/642 is THE Smith for pocket carry. Reasonably priced compared to the lighter scandium frames (the latter which I have never purchased) and much lighter than the 640. Good choice.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

That looks sharp!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Good choice!
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links