Ruger sr9c

This is a discussion on Ruger sr9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone carry one? Might pick one up in a trade. Looking for feedback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ruger sr9c

Ruger sr9c

Anyone carry one? Might pick one up in a trade. Looking for feedback
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

2. Remove Ads

I don't carry mine anymore but it is a great gun. I have almost 3000 flawless rounds through mine. I don't carry it much because I have transitioned over to revolvers, nothing at fault with the SR9c, just my preference for wheelies now.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Don't have any experience with the SR9c other than to say it feels really good in my hand(at the LGS). My wife has an LC9 and other than the long trigger pull, I'm really impressed with it.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I don't carry my SR9c anymore in favor of M&Ps. I don't care for a manual safety on a carry gun. Yeah, yeah my M&P Shield has one but with the safety being recessed the way it is, it's as if it isn't even there. I also like the additonal two rounds I can carry with a M&P compact over the SR9c. Getting past my preference for M&Ps, I do love the trigger on the SR9c. Sweet, sweet trigger on that gun. The only malfunction I've had is one FTE beacuse I was shooting weak handed and limp wristed. Overall a very nice gun. Just comes down to preference for me. You won't go wrong owning one.

I have an SR40C ( same gun, different caliber) and it has been great. Super accurate, easy shooting, conceals well, comfortable to carry all day, and it doesnt break the bank. If you have a chance to make a fair trade that is mutaually beneficial, I say go for it. If its not for you it should be an easy sell to get something else.
    Ksgunner likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member
    I really like my SR9c. My EDC for almost 2 yrs. Mine is a 9mm. Easy to shoot and no problems after several thousand rds. I highly recommend it.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

My EDC is a sr40c and I really like it.
    nattie likes this.

Love my SR40C. I basically learned to shoot on both, the only difference is the caliber. I shot the 40 at that time a little bit better. but you can't go wrong with the SR9C as an EDC.
    nattie likes this.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    my SR9c has been excellent - mines the work horse of the collection
    it just runs and runs little or any maintnence

Hate to sound like an echo - but... GREAT gun! It's been my EDC for about 9 months. Great trigger made even better with the "Ghost" trigger bar installed. Love it.
    Kennydale likes this.
    "I have plenty of liberal and conservative friends. I take them as the individuals they are." - Chris Hernandez

Here's an extended review that I did last year. The thread got a lot of traffic and quality participation, with varying perspectives.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492724
    Kennydale likes this.
    Currently own: Beretta PX4 9mm, Glock 23 (Gen 4), Glock 19 (Gen 4) x2

I just got one for conceal carry although ove only got about 50 rounds threw it today was the first time ive carried it and it was VARY comfortable. I carry at 4 o'clock and I didn't even notice it standing walking and sitting. and I just had it in a cheap pocket holster that I bought for a nano I had. I cant wait till I get a nice holster for it. go for it you wont be disappointed.

Thanks everyone for the input. I've got 2 trade offers for a snubby I'm not using. Ones an sr9
    Ones and sr9c

I already have a sub compact that I carry my sig p938 and another snubby 642 that I have in rotation. I could carry the sr9c in rotation or use the sr9 full size as a home defense gun.

Hummmmm decisions
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Either way you're in good shape..

Quote Originally Posted by chepo06 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. I've got 2 trade offers for a snubby I'm not using. Ones an sr9
    Ones and sr9c

I already have a sub compact that I carry my sig p938 and another snubby 642 that I have in rotation. I could carry the sr9c in rotation or use the sr9 full size as a home defense gun.

Hummmmm decisions
    I've heard of people using their SR9c for both carry and HD duty since one of the magazines that comes with it essentially makes it the same size as the full size pistol.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links