Range Report CZ 75-P01 Compact

This is a discussion on Range Report CZ 75-P01 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well was excited to get it to the range this morning. Slightly raining but what the heck. Shot at the 25 foot line an was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Range Report CZ 75-P01 Compact

Well was excited to get it to the range this morning. Slightly raining but what the heck. Shot at the 25 foot line an was rewarded with dead on accuracy, if I took my time I could cover three rounds with a quarter at rapid fire it was awesome. I ran a fast mag than fast reload then shot all 14 rds as fast as I could. image.jpg. image.jpg holes on left where rapid fire. Right I took my time, bottom right where double action. Really happy with this gun all steel easy recoil double taps are so easy. There is a sweet palm swell in just the right spot rubber grips feel great. Overall I am selling G17 this is taking over nightstand duty an as soon as holster gets here it will be in rotation.

Looks awesome! I've never shot s CZ I didn't like. I have had my eye on the P07 Duty lately, CZ's just feel great in my hand.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats! The p-01 is a sweet handgun, I love mine. Very nice shooting there.

P.S. the p-01 is not a steel frame, it's a light weight aluminum alloy if I remember correctly.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Yeah your right it just feels so solid my mistake

When shooting at the hostage style targets, my P-01 is the only gun I ever had where I was able to not "kill the hostage" with rapid fire.

(I always seem to nail poor Jane Doe with double taps on those things with other guns, like Keanu Reeves in the movie Speed "shoot the hostage").
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Thanks for the range review. The CZ line of pistols definitely give several sold choices. Glad you like yours and do so well with it.

I have a Semi Compact and am very impressed with CZ.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

VIP Member
    I've been hooked on CZ since I got my P-01 years ago. Since then I added the P-06, P-07, 2 RAMI, a 75 Compact and a CZ82.
    miller_man likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    What? no full size yet archer? J/k. How do you like the p-07/p-06? That was the first CZ I was going to buy, till I saw the p-01. Picked up one at the last gun show, forgot how good that slim grip felt in the hand. CZ does a polymer grip very nicely. I'll have to add one to my CZ family someday, but I'll have to get a Full size 75 first.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Could you post A picture showing that CZ beside the Glock? The advertised width of the CZ includes the safety or decocker and is not a good basis for comparison.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Subscribed

Currently have P-01 and SP-01 Shadow and an EAA SAR K2 45 (clone). Previously had a few Witnesses,,,,,,, I guess this is why I've never "warmed up" to the polymer guns,,,,, when you have the best, why bother with other stuff?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    What? no full size yet archer? J/k. How do you like the p-07/p-06? That was the first CZ I was going to buy, till I saw the p-01. Picked up one at the last gun show, forgot how good that slim grip felt in the hand. CZ does a polymer grip very nicely. I'll have to add one to my CZ family someday, but I'll have to get a Full size 75 first.
    Full size is on the want to get list. I liked the P-06, it was easy to shoot, really the exact same gun as the P-01 except .40 cal and comes standard with night sights. Unfortunately wrist injury no longer allows me to shoot the .40, so sold it.

I love the P-07, and I'm not a big poly frame fan. But it just feels right. It comes with the Omega trigger which is really an improvement over the stock CZ trigger IMO. Forgot to mention, also part of my CZ line up is a Dan Wesson CBOB.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Uh-oh, I hear the familiar melody of the P-01's siren song beckoning.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Congrats.........I own several CZs and they are little gems ,they make even me look like I know how to shoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links