Need some info from anybody with a baby Glock

This is a discussion on Need some info from anybody with a baby Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a search, and couldn't find anyone questions like this, so here it goes: I've got a G36 with 10% stiffer mag springs, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need some info from anybody with a baby Glock

Need some info from anybody with a baby Glock

I did a search, and couldn't find anyone questions like this, so here it goes:

I've got a G36 with 10% stiffer mag springs, and finger extensions. I just got a G29 (My first gen 4). I knew I was either going to get a +2 (or +1 maybe... not sure) finger extension, or get a couple G20 mags and some magazine sleeves. Anybody know which is more reliable/concealable? I haven't had much trouble with them on my 36, but I have no option for going to the bigger mags with that, so I don't really have a choice. TIA
    Something witty

2. Remove Ads

G36 mags are pretty much it for the G36. As far as the G20/29 goes.....stick with factory mags is my best suggestion. Forget the large frame mags and adapters for carry IMO. Anytime there is BS involved......you're not concentrating on your own survival.
    Taurahe likes this.

I have a G27 and I just stick with the factory stock stuff. 9+1 mags.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I have GAP floor plates on my G26 mags. They give a better grip without more length.

If I use G19 mags in it, I do so without any sleeves. Those things can potentially come loose, which would prevent the mag from seating properly. It is a failure point that is just not needed. They also - duh - prevent the mag from being used in a G19. No thanks.
    TX expat and Manderinobyebye like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I just put Pearce XL extention on my 26..helps the grip but does not alter how it conceals. It is not a + anything extension just a more comfortable way to grip the weapon,.

glockextend.jpg
    Taurahe likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I have GAP floor plates on my G26 mags. They give a better grip without more length.

If I use G19 mags in it, I do so without any sleeves. Those things can potentially come loose, which would prevent the mag from seating properly. It is a failure point that is just not needed. They also - duh - prevent the mag from being used in a G19. No thanks.
    Great idea.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

^^^this^^^

No offense to the OP (or anyone else who does it) but I see no reason to add to the grip length to the 26. If you add any length to it you might as well carry the 19 and get the benefits of the extra capacity and longer barrel. The greatest benefit, IMO, of the 26 is the small size; making it bigger just isn't something I'd consider doing.

The GAP floorplates are a nice addition without making the grip any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I just put Pearce XL extention on my 26..helps the grip but does not alter how it conceals. It is not a + anything extension just a more comfortable way to grip the weapon,.

glockextend.jpg
    Do you by chance have a in-hand pic of that gun with the extension?

I have Pearce +0 magazine bases on subcompact models like Glock 27.
    Using the Pearce base doesn't hinder concealment with either appendix IWB or Smartcarry (for me).
    I will not (would not) use any magazine bases that add capacity since the force of the recoil spring will be decreased.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Do you by chance have a in-hand pic of that gun with the extension?
    Hope these will help you....

grip3.jpggrip2.jpggrip1.jpg
    Remy likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    ^ thats just about perfect imho

dben002...perfect. Thanks. Soon as I am able, I will be buying a G26. I shot one with the smaller Pearce extension (PG-26) and I was able to just get all 3 fingers on the grip. The XL version might be a nicer fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    dben002...perfect. Thanks. Soon as I am able, I will be buying a G26. I shot one with the smaller Pearce extension (PG-26) and I was able to just get all 3 fingers on the grip. The XL version might be a nicer fit.
    I got the XL due to the fact that it has the finger grooves to match the Glock...the regular pearce is slick...no groovs..but of course I covered up the other finger ports with Talon grips...

grip4.jpg

Pearce grip extensions are the way to go IMO. I use them on several of my guns and they work great. My ruger SR40C wears them. One thing I did do to them is stipple them. The extensions are smooth, so I took a heat gun to them and gave them a golf ball like surface, excellent grip with no discomfort.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    My Glock 26 with the Pearce +0 extension sitting on top of my Glock 19:

The difference in the grips doesn't look like much but the 26 is definitely easier to conceal under an untucked polo shirt in the summer. In the winter, under a sweatshirt, the 19 conceals just fine.

That said, I shoot the 26 better than any other carry handgun I own. Especially double taps. For some reason that little gun is a near perfect match for my hands and arms with that Pearce extension on it.

I shoot the stock, except for TFO sights, 19 second best, the 17 a very distant 4th best (the box stock Glock 30 is in 3rd place). In fact, I'm seriously trading my 17 in on a new Gen 3 19 that will match my existing one.

I like the compact and subcompact Glocks. My hands aren't big enough to be a good fit on the full size models, at least the Gen 3 full size models.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links