CZ 75 P-01 Went back to the range

This is a discussion on CZ 75 P-01 Went back to the range within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I posted a range report on this gun the other day. My buddy's wanted to shoot it so we went back to the ...

Thread: CZ 75 P-01 Went back to the range

CZ 75 P-01 Went back to the range

I know I posted a range report on this gun the other day. My buddy's wanted to shoot it so we went back to the range today an put 300 to 400 rds through it. All kinds of cheap ammo an good stuff. Not one hiccup. I can tell you there is two more guys looking to buy one. I shoot all the time lots of different guns between us. I mean just about everything out there at one time or another. This is without a doubt the best out of the box weapon I have ever shot. Do what you have to to try one you wont be sorry

2. Remove Ads

I have several thousand flawless rounds through mine. It is still my favorite.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

My CZ (CZ85B) has never failed with new ammo, but every once in a while it lets me know I need to adjust the sizing die on my reloading equipment.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I have the mechanically similar big brother CZ-75, and it's really easy to shoot well. Mine is around the 700-round mark now without a bobble, although I have yet to run any reloads through it. When I'm shooting paper and concentrating on the trigger, I can feel the firing pin block move in the last fraction of trigger stroke, but when shooting the steel game that's not the least bit noticeable. I've shot this in Limited class a couple of times now and I have to start with the hammer down (DA first shot) which is a bit foreign to a 1911 guy, but the DA trigger is less noticeable to me than my Sig 220's. I need to have a friend time me to see if my shot-to-shot times are significantly faster than with the 1911s (in .45). Granted, the full-size gun is heavier than the P-01, but even with full-power 147 gr loads the gun runs as smooth as a sewing machine with minimal muzzle rise. Satisfaction-wise, this gun gets top rating in my book (even though it's just a 9mm...).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I have the original 75 compact. What a fun gun to shoot. I agree, one of the best out of the box. I'm amazed how accurate this is.

Ever carry it? Curious about how that would work IWB. I've been thinking of a baby Glock or an SR9C, but maybe it's worth the extra bulk for the P-01. There's already a good 40 inches of Czech inside my belt, what's a few more?

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Ever carry it? Curious about how that would work IWB. I've been thinking of a baby Glock or an SR9C, but maybe it's worth the extra bulk for the P-01. There's already a good 40 inches of Czech inside my belt, what's a few more?
    I carry one every day, Galco IWB made for the Sig P220. Fits the P-01 like it was designed for it.
    Last edited by Dsbjax; June 6th, 2013 at 08:34 AM.

Distinguished Member
    My P-01 is going to hit the 1k round mark this weekend, not a single hiccup. Definitely the sweetest shooting gun I own so far, and one of the best I've shot, minus a few 1911's.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I ditched my early Gen 3 Austrian import Glock 19 carry gun for my P-01 after putting about 300 rounds through it. I've now run possibly 5000 rounds of everything from wimpy Remington target loads to Hirtenberger sub-gun ammo through it and haven't had a single issue or need to change out a recoil spring. Have sinced moved on to carrying HK's, but the CZ goes with me to every range session and sleeps in my nightstand.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Holster on the way will let you know

I carry mine in a TTGunleather IWB with no issues whatsoever. Comfortable and easy to conceal.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by Dsbjax View Post
    I carry one every day, Galco IWB made for the Sig P220. Fits the P-01 like it was designed for it.
    Thanks for the responses. I usually carry a .38 snubby, so this would be a couple steps bigger, but likely worth it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I've carried the P-01, P-06 and now the P-07 9mm IWB all day with no problems.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links