Soooo....tell me about your Glock 36.

This is a discussion on Soooo....tell me about your Glock 36. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Considering the carry option of a larger caliber. Currently, I carry an XD9sc. While I do like the XD line, I have no fear of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Soooo....tell me about your Glock 36.

Considering the carry option of a larger caliber. Currently, I carry an XD9sc. While I do like the XD line, I have no fear of joining the dark side. I believe that variety is the spice of life and that exposure and proficiency with several types of firearms can only be beneficial. Now, I'd like to know some of your impressions on the Glock 36...the baby .45.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Lots of threads on this lately. Maybe do a search for the best results but just the last two weeks saw three threads about the G36.

I'll say that I'm a new owner of one. It complements my G19 and 26 for EDC. Very comfortable and hides better than my 19. Shoots really well and the recoil is fairly mild for a smaller lighter gun. IMO you may like it. Try it out as a rental first.

I'll say that when you buy a Glock you'll very likely sell your XD's. I sold all three of my XD's after I bought my 19 and 26. They look the same on paper but XD's don't measure up to Glocks.

I now have six Glocks, but the 36 is definitely my 'go to' EDC. There is just something about knowing you have those .45 caliber holes for SD that is comforting.
    I've taken the Glock Armorer Course, and that gave me a basic understanding of the 'history' of Glock. This firearm is successfully used by 65% of U.S. LEO's.
    There are plenty of other platforms that are effective, great shooters, but the dependability and simplicity of Glock, for a fair price...beats them all IMHO.
    The Glock-36 holds 7 shots (6 + 1), and that should suffice for 99.9% of the SD one would encounter...and with an extra mag, you are well covered.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Agree with above

I agree with retsupt99 above in his good opinion of the Glock 36. I also have several Glocks and have a high opinion of the brand. But the G36 is my favorite for carry because it is .45 caliber and conceals so well compared to the double stack Glocks. I have found its recoil to be surprisingly light and its accuracy to be excellent. It holds 6+1 rounds and with a spare magazine you are well equipped for 99% of the civilian self defense situations you might encounter.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Another fan of the 36. I bought mine last year and find it carries really well in the IWB holster I bought for it. It's comfortable to shoot for a large caliber in such a small, light gun.

I had heard some complaints about reliability when it first came out but either I got lucky or Glock sorted out the problem because I have several hundred rounds of FMJ and JHP through it with no problems.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    WOW... Just pointing out the below is an opinion. I think Glocks are fine guns but XD's have a lot of features you just can't get in a Glock

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    They look the same on paper but XD's don't measure up to Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Lots of threads on this lately. Maybe do a search for the best results but just the last two weeks saw three threads about the G36.

I'll say that I'm a new owner of one. It complements my G19 and 26 for EDC. Very comfortable and hides better than my 19. Shoots really well and the recoil is fairly mild for a smaller lighter gun. IMO you may like it. Try it out as a rental first.
    Thanks DetChris, you're probably correct in that I should have done a quick search. Being at work, I honestly did not think to try. But, I will to get a broader view of responses.

Thank you all for your input thus far. I too believe the XD to be fine line of firearms...though, as I've mentioned, I'm open to most well known brands. I like the versatility of Glock and the relative inexpensive nature and availability of replacement parts; albeit slightly less so with the G36.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    WOW... Just pointing out the below is an opinion. I think Glocks are fine guns but XD's have a lot of features you just can't get in a Glock
    It is an opinion by somebody who has owned both and shot and carried both though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    It is an opinion by somebody who has owned both and shot and carried both though.
    Bingo. But I'll admit it is my opinion. Ymmv.

I own several Glocks and All I have to say is "Glocks ain't what they used to be"

I have a G 36 that I use for EDC. It has performed flawlessly for me. I have 300+ rounds through mine. It is very accurate and easy to conceal. No regrets.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I personally prefer the XDs for many reasons. Nuff said.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Mine is worn from being carried...shoots well....hates Lead 200gr SWC ..but thats a Glock..so I don't shoot'em anymore..but digests jacketed bullets very well ...
    Last edited by Buckeye63; June 7th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

New Member Array SpecialProjects's Avatar
    I had a 36 for awhile last year, but traded for a 30. The 36 was not reliable. I have three other Glocks without any issues.

Pen and Sword in Accord.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links