Glock 27 on layaway, what IWB do you like?

This is a discussion on Glock 27 on layaway, what IWB do you like? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm selling off my XD pistols and replacing with Glock (already did a bunch of research, and decided that a 27 was the best for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Glock 27 on layaway, what IWB do you like?

I'm selling off my XD pistols and replacing with Glock (already did a bunch of research, and decided that a 27 was the best for me to replace my XD40sc). I haven't decided whether to replace the XD Service with a 22 or a 23, but that's a different topic for after I sell my XD Service.

What I need help with, is picking out an IWB holster. I've been carrying my XD in a first generation MTac, but apparently I can't get bodies for it anymore. I'm not really happy with it anyway, it won't stay where I put it.

What IWB holsters have you used for your Glocks, and what do you like or dislike about them?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

His health isn't to good so I don't know the time line but his are the most comfortable "I" have ever used. I have 3 of his select grade for my G27, G23/32 and 1911. I have others from top makers but his have the least bulk and fit/finish is excellent.

AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Smarshe likes this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Tommy Theis Tuckable horsehide with kydex clips. http://theisholsters.com/

Very comfortable after about 2 years of heavy use with a G26. It squeaked a little for about a month but it went away on its own. There are ways to make it stop squeaking if you need. It's also a little cumbersome to put on so it may not be a great "grab on your way out" holster but it shines as an all day rig. Great retention (can be adjusted with hot wet towel I'm told). Adjustable ride. Half to a third the price of some of the other hybrid tuckables with equal or greater quality, better customer service, and quicker ship times (in my experience). $55 cowhide / $65 horsehide.

N82 Original - GLOCK « (I personally did not like the Professional)

Old Faithful - Quick Assembly Kit - Assembled Hip Holster ? Old Faithful Holsters

Those are my two preferred IWB

But after much soul searching and holster buying, I've gone just about full time OWB - Mitch Rosen Express Line is less expensive and I am thrilled with my UPL-EXP. I prefer high riding, tight to the body. Rosen Product Line

Good luck with the holster hunt.

Iggy
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Duplicate deleted

After trying out Crossbreed Supertuck, Bravo Concealment owb, Garrett Fusion, and even a VM II...... I finally settled on a Milt Sparks Summer Special II for my G26.

You're getting a little of everything! I tried several IWB holsters and the one I like best (and have been using daily now for the past 7-8 months) is the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Everything about it is just perfect. The only issues are the cost ($120+) and the wait (5-6 months). The nice things is these are very popular so if you decide you don't like it you can easily turn around and sell it (and probably not lose a dime).

Milt Sparks Holsters

Great suggestions guys, keep 'em coming
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Concealment Solutions Black Mamba CE

Concealment Solutions - Custom made concealment holsters
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    N82 Original - GLOCK « (I personally did not like the Professional)

Old Faithful - Quick Assembly Kit - Assembled Hip Holster ? Old Faithful Holsters

Those are my two preferred IWB

But after much soul searching and holster buying, I've gone just about full time OWB - Mitch Rosen Express Line is less expensive and I am thrilled with my UPL-EXP. I prefer high riding, tight to the body. Rosen Product Line

Good luck with the holster hunt.

Iggy
    I prefer to carry OWB normally too, and I use a Serpa for that. A lot of ppl tell me they've had issues getting used to the finger switch, but I took to it pretty naturally.

That N82, do you ever have issues with the single clip design?

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    His health isn't to good so I don't know the time line but his are the most comfortable "I" have ever used. I have 3 of his select grade for my G27, G23/32 and 1911. I have others from top makers but his have the least bulk and fit/finish is excellent.

AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather.
    The online storefront of his site seems to be broken, hopefully it's not a bad sign for his health...

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    I prefer to carry OWB normally too, and I use a Serpa for that. A lot of ppl tell me they've had issues getting used to the finger switch, but I took to it pretty naturally.

That N82, do you ever have issues with the single clip design?
    No issue at all. The holster stays in place very well. The only thing to keep in mind with the N82 Original is you can't re-holster easily/one handed, but that doesn't bother me personally.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I have my G26, which is the same size as the G27 in a Foxx hybrid holster right now. Been on all day - G36 for the first half, 26 for the second half. Makes my guns disappear even behind a t shirt and is extremely comfortable. $39

www.foxxholsters.com
    ejes and Sap03 like this.

Favorite IWB for small guns

I prefer the Comp-Tac IWB "2 O'Clock" holster for small guns. I use this with a 642 revolver and a Kahr MK9, as shown below. I'm sure it would work well with a subcompact Glock. And Comp-Tac can make the holster and deliver it to you within about 10 days.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links