Defensive Carry banner

Sccy cpx-2 opinions

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CougarRed 
#1 ·
Realize this has been reviewed before, but wondering if there are any new opinions since it is a newer company. I'm a 9mm lover and have considered adding this to my collection. Not sure yet if its worth it.

#2 ·
Good enough gun. If you use it a lot you will break parts, the front sight, the slide lock spring, to name a few. However, the companies CS is second to none. You call them with the issue, and they send the parts, no questions asked. The lifetime warranty goes with the gun, not the owner....The CPX2s seem to be put together better than the first gen CPX1s...For the money and performance they are hard to beat...

#3 ·
I like them and for the price they are tough to beat. As mentioned; they have a lifetime warranty. I have two of them right now and have been thinking about selling the two tone CPX-2 that I have yet to fire. If interested I'm sure we could work out an equitable deal.

Like many pistols they seem to be a little picky on ammo or maybe it was just some older ammo I had that had trouble. Even so, because you can second strike with it before doing a tap, rack, slide, you can usually get the ammo to fire. There are some very good YouTube reviews I watched before buying them. Bought the first one and liked it so much I bought another without giving it much thought. Then I realized I didn't really need two of them so the second and better looking of the two is a safe queen.

Nice weight, nice size, and trigger feels good for a DAO in my humble opinion.

#4 ·
Thanks. Knew it had been covered and hated to ask again, but it seems like the reviews are changing. Went to buy it this morning and ended up splurging on sig p938 nightmare. Thanks for your feedback. Maybe one day I'll get one.

#6 ·
Went to buy it this morning and ended up splurging on sig p938 nightmare.
Interesting switch. I know literally nothing about the Sig P938 except that it's a 16 oz single stack 9mm 6" long and 4" tall. There seems to be a lot of competition in that general size range for single stack 9s. The SCCY was a double stack, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.