Glock 29 Gen 4 For Those Interested

This is a discussion on Glock 29 Gen 4 For Those Interested within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shot my G29 for the first time today. Sweet 10mm amazingness. Recoil wasn't bad, but I didn't shoot a lot of hot stuff. 119 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chief8991

Thread: Glock 29 Gen 4 For Those Interested

I shot my G29 for the first time today. Sweet 10mm amazingness. Recoil wasn't bad, but I didn't shoot a lot of hot stuff. 119 rounds (I made an accident and only loaded 9 on the last go 'round) with 1 failure. Shot 50 shells of PPU JHP 180's, 50 shells of Remington (Don't remember the weight's) FMJ (More expensive than the PPU!), and 9 Corbon JHP 180's. The Remingtons were seemed to be about .40 loadings, The Corbons felt like good, hot .357s, and the PPU's seemed to be about in the middle. I'm gonna order an Old Faithful for this rig, and if I can hide it, it's gonna be my EDC. The ability to have eleven rounds equivalent to .357 mag, ready, and ten .41 mags (Almost), in a spare mag works perfect for me. for day to day life I'm covered, and when I decide to go for a hike in the woods, or out 4-wheeling, swap mags. I had 1 FTF, but I've never had this before, or seen it. The slide locked back with 1 shell left in the mag. Something I noticed on this gun is if you put a mag in with the slide locked back, it slips right in, but with the slide forward, it does require a love pat. I love 10mm, and I love Glock (For what they are), but I didn't want a 10 until the Gen 4's were ironed out. Excellent gun if you don't mind a little bit of recoil. Probably too much for those in urban environments, but it's almost perfect for me.
    MJB_17 likes this.
    Something witty

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I have had the G29SF Gen 3 for a long time for HD. There is nothing better.. except a G20 Gen 4 which I am looking at now. Great choice. The hottest stuff I put through it was some Buffalo Bore 220 gr at 1200 ft/sec 703 ft lbs of energy (this #s are a bit lower from the 29 but not much lower).

Sponsored Links