Thinking about a Bersa BP9CC

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Bersa BP9CC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im considering picking up a Bersa BP9CC with a SS slide tomorrow...if everything goes OK ..Called a LGS and they are holding it for me.....@ ...

Thread: Thinking about a Bersa BP9CC

Im considering picking up a Bersa BP9CC with a SS slide tomorrow...if everything goes OK ..Called a LGS and they are holding it for me.....@ 4 Bills ..seems steep ..but thats the going price....on Gunbroker by the time you pay shipping

I normally stay away from SS semi's but I've read of issues with the finish on the blued slides..true or not ..I'm going with the SS slide @ $24.00 more

I've been looking for a lighter option to my Ruger P series pistols ..and my Glock 36 and Glock 23...
    Thought about a Glock 26 ,but really seems rather thick.. and a Kahr CW9 I've read of reliability issues and only one mag....S&W Shield and the PT-709...and other sub-compacts...but I want a pistol that is light ,thin, but very shoot-able and dependable not just a belly gun...so I decided on the Bersa BP9CC ,I read alot of great reviews.....

I've also heard a lot of great reviews and the one time I got to hold one in the store it felt nice. Not sure what your budget is, but have you looked into a Walther PPS?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

There are a few of us here that have or have had that gun. I had one and really liked it. Mine was the two tones version with the stainless/nickel slide. I paid $383 from Bud's before the 'scare' and had to pay $20 to transfer it, so the price you're getting is pretty competitive. To date it has about 1,000 trouble free rounds through it. My sister bought if from me since she didn't have a suitable CCW gun; at first she had a few limp wrist failures with it due to limited upper body strength and general inexperience with handguns. In my experience the lighter the polymer gun the more prone it is to that. In my hands I put over 850 rounds thru it without a hiccup. The gun was fairly accurate although it shoots a little low for me (either the way I hold or the way it shoots).

Can you dry fire it before you buy it? The one "odd" thing that took me a bit to get used to was the trigger- it was extraordinarily light! Or it seems so to me. There's a fairly long bit of slack/takeup but it breaks light and very cleanly. The trigger is very wide which took some getting used to.

The main virtues of the gun are it's thinness, light weight and reliability. It pretty much vanishes in an IWB holster (I carried in a Theis hybrid).

It's hard to uncategorically recommend any gun; for instance, some people love Glocks and some hate them, some love 1911s and some loath them. Overall I think the BP9CC is a terrific CCW gun. Ultimately I ended up owning it and a Beretta Nano, and since I preferred the Nano by a slim margin and my sister preferred the Bersa by a bit, it was logical to let her buy it off me. To me the Nano trigger is a bit better/more like what I'm used to. The Nano trigger is heavier and longer but just as clean, and it's slightly easier to hide due to the short 6 round mag. With the 8 round extended mag it's about a wash.

The bottom line is that I very well might pick up another BP9CC down the road.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I went in another direction....

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye63 View Post
    I went in another direction....
    O.k. now you owe us a range report!

Sponsored Links