S&W E series 1911 Scandium 4" Bobtail any owners opinions out there?

This is a discussion on S&W E series 1911 Scandium 4" Bobtail any owners opinions out there? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up the 1911 4" Scandium Bobtail just wanting more information on this gun, how is it for CCW? How is the accuracy ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TxTchRR
  • 1 Post By contented

Thread: S&W E series 1911 Scandium 4" Bobtail any owners opinions out there?

S&W E series 1911 Scandium 4" Bobtail any owners opinions out there?

I just picked up the 1911 4" Scandium Bobtail just wanting more information on this gun, how is it for CCW? How is the accuracy compared to 5" guns? Any info would be appreciated.

Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.

2. Remove Ads

Very jealous! I was really wanting one of these but nobody had one. From what I hear they are exceptional.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I just picked up the 1911 4" Scandium Bobtail just wanting more information on this gun, how is it for CCW? How is the accuracy compared to 5" guns? Any info would be appreciated.

It sucks and it's awful. I'd be glad to help rid yourself of that monstrosity :D

Congrats man, that'll be the next gun I pick up, my 1991 Commander killed the fund for awhile.
    OD* likes this.

You'll like it. I bought one earlier this year. My first 1911. All I can say is I love it and now understand the fuss about this platform. :-).

It is my daily carry in a Garrett industries silent thunder slim (aiwb).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371068737.969342.jpg

Enjoy
    TxTchRR likes this.

This is on of the few pistols on my "impulse" list (there are only three others). That means that if I see one, I'm allowed to buy it on the spot.

I am eager to hear how you make out with it. Based on having handled one, I'd wager that you're going to love it.

I have the duo tone for about a month now and just love it. Beautifully finished. Feels great in hand and is a sweet shooting gun. You are really gonna enjoy this one........it has become one of my favorite 1911's.........good luck !!
    HD

I bought as soon as I could after it came out and i usually won't do that until I hear some reviews. While I don't carry 1911s often this one is a very easy carry. I have had no ammo issues including my handloaded JHPs. My Kimber is jealous. As for accuracy, I had a very good bullseye shooter far better than me shoot it and the results were equal to his custom Les Baer. For those who care, I do, the gun is awesome looking. It just became the base for a S&W Performance Center handgun and except for basically the frame cuts it is the same gun. I would reccommend it with no disclaimers.

The small negatives, mostly for me. I don't like ambi safeties and changed it. No big difference in recoil except for +P. I hate the stupid warning about firing with mag out.

I wish I hadn't seen this thread. I'm gonna be spending money again.

Quote Originally Posted by wsquared View Post
    This is on of the few pistols on my "impulse" list (there are only three others). That means that if I see one, I'm allowed to buy it on the spot.

I am eager to hear how you make out with it. Based on having handled one, I'd wager that you're going to love it.
    This is my first 1911. About 500 rounds down the pipe and I like it a lot. The only negatives I have is the loaded factory 8 rnd mag is hard to insert when slide is closed and sometimes the slide won't strip the first round out unless you really slingshot it. In addition, it doesn't seem to like federal 230 gr hst2 ammo in the 8 round mag. It doesn't reliably feed them. No problem in the 7 rnd mag. WWB works flawlessly.

Bought several chip McCormick 8 and 10 round magazines. Same problem with the hst2 ammo. Again, the wwb works just fine. Go figure.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371166898.580141.jpg

What would a use SW1911SC two tone sell for used in 95% condition?

What would a use SW1911SC two tone sell for used in 95% condition?

I'd pay $1000 in a heartbeat, probably gonna be closer to $1100 as long as 95% doesn't mean large horrible blemishes

Quote Originally Posted by TxTchRR View Post
    I'd pay $1000 in a heartbeat, probably gonna be closer to $1100 as long as 95% doesn't mean large horrible blemishes
    Thanks for your input I think new ones are list $1369 so $1200 should buy a new one.

Given to me as a birthday present by my boss. Superb 1911
    Attached Images

Links