XDS 9mm & Colt Govt. at the gun shop today

This is a discussion on XDS 9mm & Colt Govt. at the gun shop today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to handle a xds 9mm today, solid little gun. I shot the .45 version a good while back and I don't remember much ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OD*

Thread: XDS 9mm & Colt Govt. at the gun shop today

XDS 9mm & Colt Govt. at the gun shop today

I got to handle a xds 9mm today, solid little gun. I shot the .45 version a good while back and I don't remember much about it accept the grip was Really aggressive. Sticker price was $599, $150 more than the shield's in the next display case over. I'm not sure if they updated the trigger in the new Xds's but holy moly it was really good, it beat the shield's stock trigger by a long shot in my opinion. Very smooth & light pull, clean break, short reset. I'm not familiar with the Xdm's , maybe that's just how the trigger is now but it was a far cry from former xd45. Has anyone bought one of these yet ?

The reason I had stopped by the gun shop was to see if any new colts came in. I found a 1991 series Stainless and it looked great. It felt a little more rough than my XSE did brand new when I racked it and dry fired. Either way it looked great and I want it but They are asking $1250 otd, That didn't seem right to me and they weren't willing to negotiate can someone give me a price check on this model? Colt 1911's are pretty hard to find in my area.
    O1091.jpg

p.s. the ammo shelves were overflowing and everything was priced fairly, Bill Jackson's if anyone reading this is local.

2. Remove Ads

I have the XD-S in 45 and it's a sweet trigger, different than my XD-M.

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    I got to handle a xds 9mm today, solid little gun. I shot the .45 version a good while back and I don't remember much about it accept the grip was Really aggressive. Sticker price was $599, $150 more than the shield's in the next display case over. I'm not sure if they updated the trigger in the new Xds's but holy moly it was really good, it beat the shield's stock trigger by a long shot in my opinion. Very smooth & light pull, clean break, short reset. I'm not familiar with the Xdm's , maybe that's just how the trigger is now but it was a far cry from former xd45. Has anyone bought one of these yet ?

The reason I had stopped by the gun shop was to see if any new colts came in. I found a 1991 series Stainless and it looked great. It felt a little more rough than my XSE did brand new when I racked it and dry fired. Either way it looked great and I want it but They are asking $1250 otd, That didn't seem right to me and they weren't willing to negotiate can someone give me a price check on this model? Colt 1911's are pretty hard to find in my area.
    O1091.jpg

p.s. the ammo shelves were overflowing and everything was priced fairly, Bill Jackson's if anyone reading this is local.
    I know exactly which Colt ur talking about. I picked up my 200 rd maximum of 9mm FMJ the other day at Bill Jax & I'm headed back in a few mins for more.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I think the name "Colt" puts a premium on just about any firearm. At least it does locally......

Glad you guys are finding reasonable 9mm FMJ ammo. Very little around here, pricey when you find it.

OD*
    Your gunshop is a little high IMO, Bud's was selling for $889. (sorry, that price was for the O1991)

But, you can sell anything cheap, when you don't have them.

Tombstone Tactical has/had the O1091 for $995.
    Sap03 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Your gunshop is a little high IMO, Bud's was selling for $889. (sorry, that price was for the O1991)

But, you can sell anything cheap, when you don't have them.

Tombstone Tactical has/had the O1091 for $995.

That looks like a pretty good site OD thank you very much

OD*
    You're quite welcome.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

599 is too much for the Xds 9. I have both Shield and Xds 9. Both excellent guns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Links