Shield

Shield

This is a discussion on Shield within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am lookinf for a new Smith and Wesson shield in either 9mm or 40 cal. I have been trying to nail down a delaer ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RightyLefty

Thread: Shield

Shield

I am lookinf for a new Smith and Wesson shield in either 9mm or 40 cal. I have been trying to nail down a delaer that gives LEO discounts. On gun shop near me wants 515.00 for either one. LEO prices are down to 319.00. Anyone have a secret dealer who does this?
    One more step and it's on!

Good Luck!!!! I started looking for an M&P Shield .40 last fall/winter. After searching and searching and calling about every dealer I could think of I found a Kahr CM40 on Buds Police Supply. I paid $368.00 and had it shipped to my agency with a letterhead. I've had it six months now and it's been an outstanding off duty carry gun. I went to Kahr Talk.com and read the boards about the break in procedure and I never had an issue. I put talon grips on it and a Pearce grip extension and I load it with 6 rounds of Ranger T Series 180gr JHP. I carry it in a JP IWB kydex holster. The shield is 1/2" longer and 1/2" taller and isn't worth paying $100 + over MSRP that some dealers are charging for it when there are other options. I carry the M&P40 full size on duty and S&W makes great guns, not knocking them at all.
    Last edited by robert3409; June 14th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Kittery Trading Post has a Shield in .40 for $429. Not LEO discount price but still not a bad price considering the current environment. Even with shipping & transfer fees, you'll do better than the local gun shop.

Kittery Trading Post
    Christopher67 likes this.

A shield is worth $500 IMO. I have owned 2. Still own the .40 cal version.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    I am lookinf for a new Smith and Wesson shield in either 9mm or 40 cal. I have been trying to nail down a delaer that gives LEO discounts. On gun shop near me wants 515.00 for either one. LEO prices are down to 319.00. Anyone have a secret dealer who does this?
    The Heritage Guild in Easton, PA has the Shield and their price is the MSRP of $450. They may give LEO discounts: ask the manager, Steve.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

There have been a steady stream of both Shield models coming through my favorite LGS the past month. They sell them really quick, at $449 a pop.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    A shield is worth $500 IMO. I have owned 2. Still own the .40 cal version.
    You had 2, not fair, I am still 2 weeks away from getting my 9mm and if I like it i'm gonna sell my unused G19 to get the 40.

This place give Military & LEO discounts but don't know if they have any or how they would do it but it's a starts, they in Washington State. Don't go by the price you see on their website I would call them. https://www.themarksman.net/
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Seems you may never get a discount on this gun. It is sought after by many and is easily sold for MSRP in hours after receiving shipment. Many stores are after their bottom line. Make money. Good luck, it took my 3 months of looking in a 500 mile radius when I just found one hours after shipment arrived.....I bought it. The clerk said he has never seen a Shield in 6 months and may never see another one in another 6 months.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RightyLefty View Post
    Kittery Trading Post has a Shield in .40 for $429. Not LEO discount price but still not a bad price considering the current environment. Even with shipping & transfer fees, you'll do better than the local gun shop.

Kittery Trading Post

I'm within driving distance of Kittery Trading Post & picked up my Shield 9mm a week ago. I called them got put on a list with a order# & i had mine in like 5 weeks i think it was, this might not be the case for everyone though.

Links