New BUG on the way: G27 gen4

This is a discussion on New BUG on the way: G27 gen4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After debating picking up a BUG for a while, I finally ordered a G27 gen4 to go along with EDC G23. The LGS in my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheOhioan

Thread: New BUG on the way: G27 gen4

New BUG on the way: G27 gen4

After debating picking up a BUG for a while, I finally ordered a G27 gen4 to go along with EDC G23. The LGS in my area seem to have developed that "lack of Glock" issue others have posted about, so I purchased online. The one I found ended up being FDE, which I have no strong feelings on one way or the other, but am glad I will have that "just in case" spare.

The seller shipped today, so it's on its merry way to my friendly FFL!

*sigh* I guess I'll need more ammo for practice with the new addition....

2. Remove Ads

That is a heck of a BUG...nice choice!

Congrats on the new gun.

Can you elaborate on how you plan to carry both the 23 and 27? Seems like both guns would take up a lot of real estate on your belt.

Great gun - congrats!

Good choice. The 27 is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Congrats on the new gun.

Can you elaborate on how you plan to carry both the 23 and 27? Seems like both guns would take up a lot of real estate on your belt.
    23 IWB; 27 ankle holster. I know some folks hate the ankle holsters with the fire of a thousand suns, but it is easier for me to get access in the if the 23 is IWB at the time. I'm in the car often (sometimes traveling longer stretches). I try to avoid moving from IWB to in-car setup and vice versa if I'm in and out a lot.

Not sure that will be my EDC setup, but for my "in and out of the car" days, the ankle will work. Admittedly, I do feel a bit weird sitting in my garage with the 27 "blue gun" practicing draws, etc (which I have been doing; my wife smiles and shakes her head, but she gets it), but if the curtain ever rises when I'm in the car and can't access the 27's big brother, I hope this will suffice!

Beni, you're right though: Both of those on my belt and I'm halfway to Neo in the Matrix "elevator scene." (At the 0:20 mark of this clip)

Congrats!
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

mrm
    Dude you are more of a man than I am, I tried to carry the 27 on the ankle and no way is that possible and being comfortable at least for me, it turned out now where I just pick one or the other and go with no bug now. It just seems to really inhibit ordinary functions of life
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

I really like the FDE frame Glocks, it isn't for everyone but definitely is for me. Can't imagine carrying both a 23 and a 27 but hey if it works for you go for it.

Ankle carry does actually make sense for car carry if you don't want to remove a gun off your body or transition to a different holster like a cross draw. From what I understand ankle carry can be made tolerable with a good rig.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done on your new Glock! I carry the G27 on my ankle at times and it works just fine for me. I don't carry it there all the time though. It does work well for trips though.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Thats my primary carry!
    southernwi likes this.

To me that is not a BUG. I carry a G26 every day. It may not be full size but it is not tiny either. To me bug goes easily in the pocket usually a .380 or smaller. I can put my G26 in a remora in my front pocket of my jeans ok if I am up and walking but sitting it is giant lump and not very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Dude you are more of a man than I am, I tried to carry the 27 on the ankle and no way is that possible and being comfortable at least for me
    As I mentioned it will likely primarily be for those "too many hours in the car" days. Otherwise, we'll see. :)

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Ankle carry does actually make sense for car carry if you don't want to remove a gun off your body or transition to a different holster like a cross draw.
    This is my main concerns. If there's one thing I've picked up reading the boards over the past few months, it's "the less you mess with the loaded rig, the better off you are!"

Links