Sig P938 owners?

This is a discussion on Sig P938 owners? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently I own no handguns. Had "some" training with 1911s when I was in the army. Went to all my LGS and looked at purchasing ...

Thread: Sig P938 owners?

Sig P938 owners?

Currently I own no handguns. Had "some" training with 1911s when I was in the army. Went to all my LGS and looked at purchasing my first Concealed Carry handgun. My army /police buddies all say get the Glock 26 or 27, but I have small hands and the thick grip I didn't like all that much.

Handled quite a few handguns lately and the one I "liked" the most was the Sig P938. Of course, I did all the internet reading about the FTF and FTE problems associated with them. My LGS had two. Didn't ask when they were made. If they are 2013 models have their troubles been addressed at Sig?

Still wrestling with the idea of carrying a single action auto as a CCW. But like the single stack mag and the thin-ness of the P938. Unfortunately, my LGS x3 don't have the widest selection to choose from. Can't recall seeing the 238 or any similar types (walthers?)

Thanks. Any advice is welcome.

2. Remove Ads

good choice , 938 , IMO..

I have the 938 , which was purchased after owning a 238,, both are , again IMO , great guns ..

the 938 is my EDC , can not rave enuff about this pistol...

I switch out the 938 every once in a while with a SA EMP 9 , just to give the leather a chance to air out ..

the 938 has it over the EMP , if for no other reason than the weight ...

If it has to be a semi the shield is a great gun an the CZ 75 P01 even tho its not a single stack has much friendlier ergonomics than glock IMHO

The sig 938 is great, easy to conceal, just realize that short barrel is self defense distance, not a range gun, tiny group shooter. Also the 7 round mags are just about impossible to get right now, the 6 round you can get.

I have had mine for about a year now. The only problems I've had were that mine hates reloads and S&B ammo gives me one or two failures to fire in each box, apparently due to them having harder primers than other ammo. Other than that, it has eaten everything I've thrown at it without incident.

As far as the magazines go, my "Extreme" model came with one 7-round and one 6-round. The extended magazines make the gun much more enjoyable to shoot.

Love my 938. Zero FTF/FTE issues. Extended mag is a must-have.

I have two and both have been flawless...purchased around November and December last year. I find the 7 round mag to much more comfortable than the 6 round mag.

Keep in mind that many problems with FTF and FTE are caused by user error and/or the ammo being used and/or improper cleaning/maintenance.

P938 Nightmare.jpg
    Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg

You might want to also check out the Walther PPS and the Springfield XD-s 45.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

The 938s are good shooters and a very nice carry gun. For me, I prefer the G26 gen 4 over my 938. The Gen 4 grips are vastly better verses the Gen 3s.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

P938 ftf & fte

The problems you are referring to we're with early production models and have been resolved. I love my P938 and pocket carry every day with a DesSantis Superfly. I've never had an FTE or FTE, although I expect I will one day. I've heard that some SIGs have machining marks on the feed ramp, and that a little metal polish and elbow grease takes them out. I have the blackout model that came with Hogue grips and the 7 round mag.

The P938 is a fantastic gun! I have several friends that have them and adore them.

I agree with the other post about the Glock Gen 4. I never cared for Glocks until the Gen 4 came around. Fits my hand much better.

Links