Night Sights for H&K question.........

This is a discussion on Night Sights for H&K question......... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey! Recently purchased an H&K P2000sk for a carry gun. Am looking to purchase some night sights to make this fine little pistol complete. LGS ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Night Sights for H&K question.........

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar

Hey!

Recently purchased an H&K P2000sk for a carry gun. Am looking to purchase some night sights to make this fine little pistol complete.

LGS carries only sights for GLOCKs, and has no interest in ordering me a set. They say they have to buy them "by the box," so it is a no go for them, even though they carry new H&K firearms. Okay. I didn't know that.

Looked on the Midway website, and they have night sights listed for the P2000 pistol. Would these also fit my sub-compact version as well?

Are there any other places I should check before I purchase?

Thanks!

I am in the same spot - I have one H&K with a proper set of night sights, and two that I do not currently carry because they don't have night sights yet.

From what I've seen, the options are as follows:

Trijicon HD's Trijicon HD? Night Sights
    I want to get a set of these to put on my P30L and see if I like them. If they are as quick for the eye to pick up as advertised, I may start switching my other pistols over. I like the idea of speeding up front sight acquisition without sacrificing too much precision. I believe that the HD's have only recently been introduced for the HK's, so you may have to wait a while if you order a set. The Trijicon site says that they are 8 weeks away from shipping....but who knows.

"Vanilla" Trijicons Trjicon Bright & Tough? Night Sights
    I run a set of Trijicons on an 870 that I have - and after six years of use as my "Jeep gun", they are still going strong.

Meprolight Tru-dot Meprolight, Heckler & Koch
    I have a set of these on my USP-C, and I like them. Bright, sturdy, they work just fine.

XS-sights XS Sight Systems - Sights
    I have no first-hand experience with these, but I've heard a lot of people say great things about them for defensive use. Apparently you give up some precision at longer ranges, but an a P2000sk that's a carry gun that may not be an issue. I'm considering a set for my S&W Shield.

Heinie Straight Eight sights Heinie Specialty Products | High Quality Replacement Pistol Sights
    A lot of high-end 1911's seem to come with straight eights. In my mind they are closer to traditional target sights than most "combat" night sights - but again I have no first hand knowledge.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Try: HK P2000SK Parts

I run Trijicon HK09O - Orange on my 357 Sig. SK EDC and HK09 9mm SK I use for practice.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks guys...... I appreciate it.

Liked the looks of one on the Trigicon site........ But it says 8 week waiting time.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kahrcarrier View Post
    Thanks guys...... I appreciate it.

Liked the looks of one on the Trigicon site........ But it says 8 week waiting time.
    HK Parts.net has the Green HK09 in stock. You would have to wait on the orange or yellow.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I put orange Trijicon HD's on both my HK P2000SK and HK 45C. They give me better target acquisition than any other sights I've used in more than 45 years of pistol shooting. Well worth the wait and the price.

Quality remains long after price is forgotten
    onacoma likes this.

I also prefer the yellow/green or orange/green to just green/green. I have Meprolight yellow/green sights on one of my USPs and really like them. The Trijicon HDs are maybe a very minor amount sharper vs the tiny bit more diffuse quality glow of the Meps but both are good.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Okay. Gonna try some stripe of Trijicon, I believe.......

See if you can get a set of Ameriglos. They seem to have better machining than the others and use the same vials as the Trijicons. They also have excellent customer service I've heard and are cheaper to boot.
    NRA Life Member

Cant o wrong with either the 2000sk is a great gun your going to love it at the range

JD
    Administrator
    Absent the Heinies (I didn't see them listing any the P2000 or SK) I will be getting the Trijicon HDs for my SK.

XS sights for any "fighting/defensive" pistol. They are amazingly good and will help you when you need it most (a real life scenario when someone is trying to kill you)
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    XS sights for any "fighting/defensive" pistol. They are amazingly good and will help you when you need it most (a real life scenario when someone is trying to kill you)
    Not really. My SK is currently wearing them, the wife's G26 is wearing them and prior to that we had them on two other pistols. They work ok but they dont't really do anything that a high visibility front in notch and post format.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Not really. My SK is currently wearing them, the wife's G26 is wearing them and prior to that we had them on two other pistols. They work ok but they dont't really do anything that a high visibility front in notch and post format.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
    Our opinions differ and that is ok with me. I made my statement based on the fact that when point shooting I can still pick up the front sight due to its size in my peripheral field of vision. I've never had to use my gun (thank God) but I bet I would not be using the sights much, if at all should that happen. My best hope is that I might catch a glimpse of my golf ball front sight while point shooting.

Can't do that with trijicons, or at least I can't.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links