The Ultimate Micro 9mm Poll

This is a discussion on The Ultimate Micro 9mm Poll within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which would you choose and why? I am debating a new purchase and can't make up my mind! Thanks......

View Poll Results: Which Micro 9mm?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • PM9

23 14.11%
  • CM9

18 11.04%
  • Sig 938

25 15.34%
  • Sig p290RS

6 3.68%
  • Kimber Solo

13 7.98%
  • XDs 9mm

18 11.04%
  • Nano

16 9.82%
  • S&W Shield

44 26.99%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Ultimate Micro 9mm Poll

Which would you choose and why? I am debating a new purchase and can't make up my mind! Thanks...

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Ruger LC9 would be my vote. Reliable, shoots well. What more would you want?

Glock 26 (9mm), shot one today. You get small size carry and full size impact plus rock solid reliability. You can abuse Glocks and even shoot them underwater. All the pros I spoke with said forget about .380s.
    LoneWolf26 likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickndfl View Post
    All the pros I spoke with said forget about .380s.
    You might want to find some new "pros", nothing wrong with a .380 for a pocket gun. The reason I responded with a 9mm, is because that is what the OP asked for.

I guess I forgot the PF9 and LC9, but the Glock is far from a "micro" 9mm!
    MrsHB likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I agree with the Glock-26 when you consider all the options (size, capacity (takes the 19 and 17 mags) weight, accuracy and reliability)..if you really want a small 9 why/how could you choose anything else. None of your choices even comes close.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Not sure how "micro" you need it to be. I've got a Glock 26 (9mm) and a LCP (.380). I carry the Glock when I can which is a lot but not every day. Its just a little to big for every occasion. So I fall back on my LCP when need be. So to make a long story long...I will give a vote for the Glock 26 as long as its not your only choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

When I hear the word "micro", that means "pocket sized" to me. Several guns listed in your poll really aren't small enough for easy pocket carry in my opinion.

Of the guns you listed, I have experience with 4: the Solo, the 938, the XDS 9, and the Shield.

The Solo and the first 938 were traded off due to reliability problems. My husband is debating keeping the second 938 just to have a micro option, although it, too, has had it's share of failures.

I have a 9 mm Shield and it's been fairly problem free. My husband just got an XDS 9 mm and after 250 rounds fired, it's been absolutely flawless with a variety of ammo. It's a VERY nice shooter, too.

But I wouldn't call the Shield and XDS "micro" guns.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I am guessing the OP was only referring to single stack pistols which is what all of the guns in the poll are and why the G26 wasn't included. Maybe its about time Glock got in on the action and see that concealed carry is a pretty big phenomenon in these times we are living and come up with their own single stack wonder. There are many examples of companies who fail to adapt to change and end up getting left behind.

Shot most ofyour list kept the shield, shoots like a full size feeds great not really for pocket carry but disapears in a summer special
    BadgerJ and smolck like this.

I have wondered the same about Glock. By the time they get around to it, the market is going to be saturated with single stack striker fired polymer guns...

If the OP is really asking about single stack carry guns, rather than pocket pistols, I'd have to add the Walther PPS (9 mm) to the consideration list. It's another very nice shooter for it's size.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Still can't understand why the LC9 isn't on that list. It's a much better gun than most of those listed.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

None of the above.

LC9 really should be on the list. I rarely carry my in deference to my LCR but the LC9 is still a good gun.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

You didn't iist the Boberg XR9S probably the best of the lot.

John

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    I agree with the Glock-26 when you consider all the options (size, capacity (takes the 19 and 17 mags) weight, accuracy and reliability)..if you really want a small 9 why/how could you choose anything else. None of your choices even comes close.
    The Glock is a one of a kind gun, but it is not small by any means... even the 26/27/33

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links