Talon Rubberized grips for the M&P's

This is a discussion on Talon Rubberized grips for the M&P's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my rubberized Talon gun grips for both my M&P 40 compact and shield. Install went smooth by following directions to the tee and heat ...

Thread: Talon Rubberized grips for the M&P's

Talon Rubberized grips for the M&P's

Got my rubberized Talon gun grips for both my M&P 40 compact and shield. Install went smooth by following directions to the tee and heat gun at the ready. The added grip is unbelievable and at first I didn't believe it would help but that opinion has changed now that they are installed.

2. Remove Ads

Yep, put some on my M&P40c. For the 40, I liked the added grip for sure. However, on the Shield and my 45 compact, I went the stipple route and I am happier with the result, more traction and won't wear off. And now that Talon is charging $17.99 per set, I was put off. Too much for rubber stickers IMO.

Next best thing I did to the Shield, the XS sights were the BEST thing I have done. Do you like the Lasersight? I have a chance to buy one and have been debating.
    Attached Images
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I was looking at stippling but these Talons are a lot easier and less time consuming as well as not permanent. I haven't shot the Shield yet so I don't know how zeroed in the laser is but being that the shield will be my EDC gun having the laser would be easier to sight in than looking down the sights. Although I love my Trijicon's on the 40c that I would like to get a set for the shield anyways. The 40c will stay at home with the Streamlight micro laser/light on its rail for HD.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.40c View Post
    I was looking at stippling but these Talons are a lot easier and less time consuming as well as not permanent. I haven't shot the Shield yet so I don't know how zeroed in the laser is but being that the shield will be my EDC gun having the laser would be easier to sight in than looking down the sights. Although I love my Trijicon's on the 40c that I would like to get a set for the shield anyways. The 40c will stay at home with the Streamlight micro laser/light on its rail for HD.
    Please do let us know how the laser works. I had the 15 round full size 40 mag and an X grip on my compact for HD, might want to look into that as well. Can't ever have too many bullets!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Yep, put some on my M&P40c. For the 40, I liked the added grip for sure. However, on the Shield and my 45 compact, I went the stipple route and I am happier with the result, more traction and won't wear off. And now that Talon is charging $17.99 per set, I was put off. Too much for rubber stickers IMO.

Next best thing I did to the Shield, the XS sights were the BEST thing I have done. Do you like the Lasersight? I have a chance to buy one and have been debating.
    Are those the regular size XS sights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I use a set of them on my Glock19 as I do not like the Gen4 stippling, and they are just amazing! I cannot recommend them enough to anyone.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    All my handguns wear Talon....Shouldn't yours?
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Please do let us know how the laser works. I had the 15 round full size 40 mag and an X grip on my compact for HD, might want to look into that as well. Can't ever have too many bullets!
    I will report back after my next range session... btw I live in CT so I would have to register any mag over the 10rd limit. Stupid Malloy strengthening the guns laws for the abiding citizens... I hope he realizes criminals aren't gonna give to dueces about the laws... which leave us less protected. Ridiculous.

Awesome grip, I have the one from PRP on mine XDs which is the same material as the Talon.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I use them on a couple of my carry pistols but I'm bummed to hear they went up to $17.50. They were $10 ea just 4 months ago or so when I bought three sets.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by MP.40c View Post
    I will report back after my next range session... btw I live in CT so I would have to register any mag over the 10rd limit. Stupid Malloy strengthening the guns laws for the abiding citizens... I hope he realizes criminals aren't gonna give to dueces about the laws... which leave us less protected. Ridiculous.

Of course he won't. Listen to that guy speak.... He could give a rats ass about gun owners period. Hopefully CT voters one term that pos

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I put them on my Shield and I like the added grip. I haven't noticed any discomfort while carrying, either, but that's why I went with the rubber rather than the sand paper.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by 2tango2 View Post
    Are those the regular size XS sights?

No. That is the bigger "big dot". Very good for what my Shield is used for, close in personal defense.

OP, I didn't notice your location. Yea, that sucks about the mag limits, the 40c can be made to be quite the "full size" gun with the right stuff. Looks like you have to settle for rapid mag changes! Good luck and stay safe!

Yeah man getting that muscle memory down with unholstering turning laser on along with rapid mag changes. Still haven't got a chance to test the Shield at the range due to home renovations in progress. Will update as soon as possible.

Links