The Bersa BP-9cc Its ready now!

This is a discussion on The Bersa BP-9cc Its ready now! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well there were a few things I wanted to do before I was ready to C.C. the Bersa BP-9cc. 1). Make sure it was rock ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigDeal

Thread: The Bersa BP-9cc Its ready now!

The Bersa BP-9cc Its ready now!

Well there were a few things I wanted to do before I was ready to C.C. the Bersa BP-9cc.

1). Make sure it was rock solid dependable.

2). Accuracy, for me its a must!

3). It must be comfortable to shoot.

After over 300 FMJ and 20 JHP rounds without a single issue I have grown to trust that when needed this gun will not fail! Its a joy to shoot and not many C.C. pistols fit my ham hocks....This one does!

The accuracy right out of the box was great and has improved as I become more familiar with this compact 9.

Comfort is a must for me, I've handled a few 9's like the Kel-Tec and they just don't feel right. The Kel-Tec is not a gun I would want to shoot a lot, the felt recoil & muzzle jump are too much for my taste. As for the trigger on the Bersa... One of the best right out of the box and after just a few hundred rounds its even smoother.

Glad I tried Bersa, I have been up to this point a Ruger fan, and still am. But feature for feature their just aren't many that can hold a candle to this C.C. gun. No matter the cost, the value of the Bersa is obvious.
    Philly Boy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

What's your opinion on the super light trigger pull? It makes the gun almost like a cocked and unlocked 1911. It's what kept this off my list. The trigger feels like a match trigger more than SD.

carry the BP in a good holster, and you will have no problem with the light trigger.....not a gun to throw in your jacket pocket with around chambered.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

It's good to hear some good comments about this Bersa. It is on the list of CC pistols I've been looking at.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

You wont be disappointed with this gun as was said by Zonker1986, its not a gun you would carry in your pocket with a round in the chamber. The light smooth trigger is your best friend and your not fighting all the creep most C.C. guns have.

Its a gun that you point and shoot, just like your target pistols, and without the long and heavy trigger travel most C.C. guns give you! This C.C. gun does not need the shooter to go from a smooth trigger pull to the long and creepy heavy trigger of the pistols designed for personal protection. Also the quickest trigger reset I've ever used.

Ask yourself why would you want to change the trigger when you use your C.C. vs. your target pistol? Consistency will make you a better more confident shooter!

It took a bit to get used to the trigger but I also found it to shoot well. My sister talked me out of mine but before she got it I'd put close to a thousand rounds thru it without a hiccup. I agree, don't try to pocket carry it loaded! It needs a good quality holster. I carried mine in a Theis which worked well.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I had one and it was flawless also very accurate. I did eventually sell it though because as Det Chris mentioned the trigger is really light.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Whats the MSRP? I'm thinking about one of these as well.

Does anyone know how it compares in size to the G26, the Shield, and the XDs?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Go to You Tube and type in Bersa BP-9cc vs any of the three you listed, the reviews are done by CandRreviews. Those along with other reviews helped me make up my mind. Because at the time no local dealer was able to get the BP-9cc. I believe it was worth waiting for, will it be the gun for you?? Only you can decide that.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    If you put the 8 round mag in the Shield, the two are identical size. BP only is only 8 round mag, so some my find the Shield to be easier to
    conceal with the flush 7 round mag.

With the Glock 26

BP among friends...G19 and G26
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    They compare to the shield . I looked at both and they were close in size. Bersas give the shooter a good bang for the buck. I have the thunder 380 and its been a great little gun.

Links