Springfield lightwieght champion operator Help

This is a discussion on Springfield lightwieght champion operator Help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That's a mouthful of a name ...I came across one of these today for $980, It felt like it was put together really well had ...

Thread: Springfield lightwieght champion operator Help

Springfield lightwieght champion operator Help

That's a mouthful of a name ...I came across one of these today for $980, It felt like it was put together really well had nightsights and I loved the finish. I compared it to a Colt lightweight government and I really like both of them but the 4'' barrel on the operator is more what I need right now.
    I assume this price is high because springfield and colt are always high in my area, on the other hand, I cant find one for sale online to compare prices. Does anyone have experience with this SA LW champion operator and how bad would I be doing buying one at that price??

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sap03 View Post
    That's a mouthful of a name ...I came across one of these today for $980, It felt like it was put together really well had nightsights and I loved the finish. I compared it to a Colt lightweight government and I really like both of them but the 4'' barrel on the operator is more what I need right now.
    I assume this price is high because springfield and colt are always high in my area, on the other hand, I cant find one for sale online to compare prices. Does anyone have experience with this SA LW champion operator and how bad would I be doing buying one at that price??

Hard to beat Springfield 1911 generally and you won't find a Colt LW Commander (would be my recommendation BTW) under $1100 more than likely. That being said, $980 is too high for that gun from what I see around the internet. Most places seem to be closer to $850. I'd probably offer $900 since you don't have to deal with shipping locally, and be willing to walk if they won't take it.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My quick search seemed to support a 950 price. Not many to be had, so if you want it pay a little premium and get what you want. The difference between 950 and 900 is not much if its something you want. BTW, I have a Loaded Champion and love it. If you let it go you will regret it. Think about it, the difference is a box or two of ammo.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I can't really find any Bad reports on the pistol so I guess I will see if I can make it happen in the morning. Hopefully someone here has one and can shed some light..

$950 is about right at retail prices for the SA LW Champ Operator. You can usually find it on Buds Gun Shop about once every quarter, and they are gone in a minute.
    Prices on Buds is around $825 to $875. The Amory Kote on the Operator is pretty darn resistant and about as flat black as you can get. Gun is a joy to carry and shoot and I highly recommend. I almost bit on a Colt Stainless LW Commander, but the $1,300 price without night sights was a bit much for my wallet.

I think that $950 with Trijicons is not a bad deal unless you compare it the Ruger Commander that I saw in my local GS for $699. Beautiful pistol. Next price step up from the Springfield will be th Colts and Kimbers at $1,100 and up which I really don't think have anything on the Operator as far as quality of build.

...got this one about four years ago, and haven't found a Commander size 1911 I like better for the money.

first range session and first target shooting the LW Champ four years ago. Ten yards standing, unsupported, slow fire. Not that great, but I think I got him.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Thanks Zonker Good info and good shooting. I was really impressed with the gun but It seems they are pretty hard to come by and reviews are few and far between. The little bit of feedback I did find is all very positive, I actually ended up reading a post of yours on 1911.org a little earlier tonight if my memory serves me correct. Hopefully its still at the gun shop in the morning so I can pick it up.

What kind of holster are you using, I heard its a little tuff to find a good holster because of the rail ?

I'd jump on that deal!
    With things the way they are, it is availability that is the question, not price (within reason)

SA make one of the most solid 1911's to be had. Buy it with confidence and show us the pics!

Links